• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice for my Dedede?

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
Good DDD, very good anticipation skills/techchasing w/ dthrow. I can't say that's the best meta i've seen or even one of the best i've seen. He seemed to approach by dashing only, and dtilt beats dash attempts as you showed in the vid. The second match seemed to be better for the meta starting out, but you must not play him much, cuz that's something people should know about DDD, if he's over 100 and up a stock, why the heck would he not try to suicide, but they're still hard to pull off. Overall, good match against a character that isn't easy to beat, it just takes alot of thinking, airdodging and dair.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
brawlerbrad91:
He does play me alot, but dodging a fastfalling Dededecide can't be that easy to do. Trust me, it was pure chance that I caught that on tape; it happens once every 10-20 matches around here.
But enough about that.

Thanks for the praise! Is there any way you can think of to improve my game?

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
Lemme think, more waddle throw edge guarding is always good, makes them airdodge then you can followup w/ a good aerial ko move-like fair, or they take the hit and throw another one.

You are already good at anticipation, but something i like to do if you're pretty sure they are gonna roll forward, just stand still after a dthrow, charge a dsmash, and if he rolls towards you like you thought he would, let it go, it's a very good KO move when charged for a little bit, especially on meta.

You mixed it up a little, but you shouldn't have landed on the stage so much w/ it imo, but i mean if he's used to it then yeah, i guess you know more about him then i do so

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Alright, sounds good. I'll try to impliment some of that into my game.
Thanks!

Top Bottom