• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice for Falco Matchup?

HeraSwellow

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8400-4658-5024
Hi, i consider myself to be a low-mid level skill player, but my techskill with marth and in general is somewhat decent. I need help taking my matchup knowledge to the next step.
I usually do reasonably well against most characters except falco, who I almost always have a hard time dealing with. What I usually try to do against falco is space myself out to where i can dtilt and just hit falco with aerials. However I have trouble dealing with lasers as a marth as well as fighting off stage vs. falco. I'm not really sure if what I'm doing is efficient or even good but i was wondering if anyone has tips on how I can prevent myself from getting pressured by falco with lasers and dealing with the possibility of getting gimped?

EDIT: I also use shorthop running nair too, and that works well in neutral but thats pretty much all i can do in neutral lol

Last edited:

Ogwolfe

Smash Rookie
I like the falco matchup.

For lasers learn to powershield, it helps a lot. Otherwise you can jump on a platform and when they jump up to laser fall down and go in for an attack. Be careful about using your double jump to get around lasers.

Approaching with Nair is only good if you catch them jumping, otherwise they could Cc at low percents or wd back and punish. Nair in place is good for calling out their approach.

If the falco is offstage watch for their side b and jab. If they up b too close fair them. Dtilt if they try to go for ledge.

That's all the basic stuff but the matchup has so many levels. Practice di of his dair and shine. There are good videos on YouTube for this. https://youtu.be/u5WtxhE16sc

Learn to combo falco and platform tech chase. I like watching pewpewu, zain, rishi la luna for examples. Any other specific questions?

HeraSwellow

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8400-4658-5024
I like the falco matchup.

For lasers learn to powershield, it helps a lot. Otherwise you can jump on a platform and when they jump up to laser fall down and go in for an attack. Be careful about using your double jump to get around lasers.

Approaching with Nair is only good if you catch them jumping, otherwise they could Cc at low percents or wd back and punish. Nair in place is good for calling out their approach.

If the falco is offstage watch for their side b and jab. If they up b too close fair them. Dtilt if they try to go for ledge.

That's all the basic stuff but the matchup has so many levels. Practice di of his dair and shine. There are good videos on YouTube for this. https://youtu.be/u5WtxhE16sc

Learn to combo falco and platform tech chase. I like watching pewpewu, zain, rishi la luna for examples. Any other specific questions?
Thanks a lot man, I'm going to look into all of this stuff

Saria_100

Smash Rookie
Dont try to chaingrab at zero as they can DI out of it (Falco Only)

Last edited:
Top Bottom