• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice before my switch and game arrival

Birdygamer

Smash Cadet
My Nintendo Switch and my Ultimate will be arriving tomorrow via FedEx. I wish to know from experienced smashers any advice they have for me because I wish to know some dos and donts.

Characters I want to main: :ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultcharizard::ultridley:
Characters I want to test: :ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultzelda::ultkirby:
Characters that I have very little intrest in: :ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultike::ultisabelle::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultchrom:

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
My biggest tip - don't get in the habit of always rolling when you shield. Make a conscious effort to learn and use multiple out of shield options (jumping, aerial attacks, up B, parrying, dropping the shield and walking/running).
Also, when playing, get in the habit of watching your opponent instead of your own character. It's hard to react to what they're doing and learn their patterns if you're not watching them as you play.

Top Bottom