• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice against Ike -_-

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
well who are you losing with? toon link?

spam projectiles, play the long game to create openings. force ike to approach you. Always aim to gimp Ike's recoveries. The place Ike ends up after performing his side or up b is almost always predictable.

if you're always getting hit by ike's smashes, you're probably playing too predictably.

your main problem should really just be finishing off ike. being one of the heavier characters in brawl, most of your kills will be after 120% of damage racking.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Zair them a lot.
Zair their recovery. Its easier then it sounds. =)

F3ma Ch33f

Smash Apprentice
Zair them a lot.
Zair their recovery. Its easier then it sounds. =)
I fail at gimping with Zair, i've only sucessfully done it once XD to a Peach player. When they attempt to QD from far away, I usually shoot a charged arrow at them, but after that I attempt to edgehog, but they always make it back to the stage witht that **** Aether >_>

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I fail at gimping with Zair, i've only sucessfully done it once XD to a Peach player. When they attempt to QD from far away, I usually shoot a charged arrow at them, but after that I attempt to edgehog, but they always make it back to the stage witht that **** Aether >_>
Just try Zairing the Aether.
Its far enough so you don't get hit.
The Zair stays out long enough to hit them.
And the Ike gets mad if you keep doing it. xD

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Ike shouldnt be a prob
His got pretty shizzle jumps so SHDA, Bomb and Rang him to oblivion.
Pretty much Camp and keep the projectiles coming fast.

If he gets close it shouldnt be a problem, Zair to Nair to ArrowCancel is good to space and start spamming again.

Or you could play aggressivly and just keep goin at him with bairs, nairs, Usmash/utilt to Upair. Give him no space and time to use his laggy moves =D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Keep your range game, play it wisely and I think it was B-air that broke through eather, but otherwise play a devastating range game and be mindful of f-smash especially dont trip into one and well, be carefull of all of his attack except quickdraw which in my opinion is ****

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
i use to lose to ike players 2.. for now try using more projectiles untill u get to know how they play....
all i needed against them was more expirience...
btw why do ppl who dont even main TL . post in this threads

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
If you get him off a long way horizontally, just jump into his inevitable Quickdraw recovery. Costs you some damage, but it kills him. If you practice, you can airdodge it, kill him, and take no damage or knockback. And never edgehog him. Ever.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Anyone who can camp can beat Ike with relative ease. How in the hell are his smashes too much for you. F Smash is slow as hell, U Smash is also kinda slow. I'd be more worried about ****ing Kirby's F Smash, Ike's smashes punish dumb *** mistakes, not as an effective offensive tool.

Aether is not that good, intercept him before he uses it. Once Ike is off the stage you get to keep away from the edge, and laugh at him as he falls.

(If you're losing to one Ike player consistently, he is much better than you. If you are having trouble with Ike in general, you need to reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaly work hard to learn the game.)

F3ma Ch33f

Smash Apprentice
i use to lose to ike players 2.. for now try using more projectiles untill u get to know how they play....
all i needed against them was more expirience...
btw why do ppl who dont even main TL . post in this threads
Ah, seems like im not the only one. Thanks for the advice guys :)
EDIT: Falconv1.0 The Ike player mindgames me into to a smash by sometimes charging it and sometimes not charging it. I don't lose consistently, but I do have trouble with Ike. Like, I won't lose 5 times in a row 2-3 max.

BKrkr

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5303-3831-5621
- Remember to cancel boomerang returns.
- SHDA is your best friend.
- Zair is the friend who lends you his cookies at lunch sometimes.
- Avoid up close combat if possible, and don't abuse your killing moves.
- Bombs are good for stopping the grand viper.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Just work on your spacing. Watch out for the fair and nair. I say shield grab the nair, and do a correctly spaced zair on his fairs. If your to his back, I suggest camping if you dont have the timing to punish his bair, cause it homes out fast and hard. Also, when he's off the ledge, run out there and attack, even if you take the hit, he probably wont be able to come back. Just watch out for his fair there also, it can gimp you depending on the stage. If you have any other questions, pm me, or I'll try to get a vid with me fighting ike posted this weekend.

F3ma Ch33f

Smash Apprentice
Just work on your spacing. Watch out for the fair and nair. I say shield grab the nair, and do a correctly spaced zair on his fairs. If your to his back, I suggest camping if you dont have the timing to punish his bair, cause it homes out fast and hard. Also, when he's off the ledge, run out there and attack, even if you take the hit, he probably wont be able to come back. Just watch out for his fair there also, it can gimp you depending on the stage. If you have any other questions, pm me, or I'll try to get a vid with me fighting ike posted this weekend.
Ok thanks, man.

Alzi

Smash Master
When ever you see an Ike put a smile on your face as if your going to own it. Zair to grab works very nice seeing as ike is tall in height. Bomb to Zair works also then you could follow up with a up smash once hit.

Shield well and dodge well which should be easy since ike is really slow.

Top Bottom