• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advantage Stages and Counter Stages for Yoshi

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
0_o I completely missed Shiri's post a while back.

Onett is bad against Peach. It creates way too many opportunities for her d-smash to be even more effective. All she needs to do is grab near the edge at about 80% for the KO. Not too good for Yoshi imo.

However, Green Greens isn't that bad. You have the same threat of edge deaths, but the low ceiling gives you a bit of an advantage here, and close edges + low ceiling = combos into death hits = good. And the fact that there aren't any slopes means that you don't have to worry about large amounts of damage from getting caught under a d-smash.

Also! Shiri, I noticed you were agreeing with Rob on the point of Yoshi choosing stages. However, Rob was pointing out good counterpicks for samus, as was asked in the previous post.

Antiself

Smash Apprentice
I have to deal with a good peach, and I seem to do the best on Mushroom Kindom II. It makes peaches recovery useless, Yoshi has a better chance of recovering from the pits, and less dsmashes from peach for the lack of hills. Also, the ceiling seems to be at a height that you can hit peach with eggs where-ever she is.

Never play peach on a stage with good recovery, or even decent recovery, or hills to take advantage of dsmash. Which is basically most of the stages in the game. My motto: 'Play like a cheep son of a #%*@, because your enemy is already one'.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Yoshi does really well with Venom. I always take advantage of jumping under to the lower wings and throwing eggs upward. And his down smash has much more reach since the wings are tilted.

Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, and Dream Land are good for Yoshi too because his normal jump reaches comforably over the platforms. Making all of his air attacks (even dair) easily usable.

PsychicDragon

Smash Rookie
A newbs opinion

Heheh, I called myself a newb, lol. Anyway, I say that because I AM good at the game, but since no one here likes to play me due to fear of losing or they want to play "Halo". Remind me never to get a really cool console again *sigh*. Anywho, I don't get to play all the levels anymore (data lost... again!), bit I made some interesting finds.
Yoshi should never be used on any levels with easy-to-fall cracks or any moving levels such as F-Zero levels and some Mario ones too. Yoshi, if used effectively, can make some thank-you-god saves in levels with long walls (Y'know, where ya blow up).
I have a few more observations, but right now, I'm going to go practice a little more, I have to run tournaments because the previous guys just sucked at it, so I'm in charge now! HAHA! Anyway, wish me luck this Saturday! Peace!

- Yoshi Forever! (haha)

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
I can play just about anywhere with Yoshi, but man, that Mute City thing sounds like a winner. Really, it all comes down to the individuals playing style. I rely so heavily on mind games that I can play anywhere and maintain the same level of performance.

Top Bottom