• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Techniques

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
Hey guys, sense smash 4 is so close, Im looking to get a jump start into advanced techniques in the game. Everything thing ive read and heard about the game says theres no L-Canceling/Wavedashing and such.

I dont own Brawl anymore and never played it above casual button mash, so any tips of the advanced techniques in brawl that is confirmed or may be in smash 4? Anything you guys have will be greatly appreciated.

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
The only non-character specific AT I can think of that's in both Brawl and Smash4 is RAR. RAR stands for "Reverse Aerial Rush" and is a simple and easy technique to learn, that's extremely useful with some characters. To perform a RAR, simply dash in any direction, run, and immediately jump. It should essentially look like you dash towards someone, then are jumping facing away from them but moving towards them. The purpose of this is to allow you to use your B-air offensively. The input is, as you might think, forward -> back -> (almost simultaneously) jump -> press what is now back but what was previously forwards -> bair.

Hope this helped! For Smash4 there are very few known AT's, but learning generally how your favorite character works (or as it seems you like Lucina, learn Marth) will give you a great jump start to be much more comfortable in Smash4.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I think that if you just get your general movement down in any Smash game, you'll transition to Smash4 pretty easily. There's some character specific stuff being found in Smash 4 currently, but I hear that there's no real general movement ATs.

Insta-tossing is also in the game, which is done by airdodging to catch an item then pressing the C stick in a direction to cancel your airdodge and throw it.

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
I think that if you just get your general movement down in any Smash game, you'll transition to Smash4 pretty easily. There's some character specific stuff being found in Smash 4 currently, but I hear that there's no real general movement ATs.

Insta-tossing is also in the game, which is done by airdodging to catch an item then pressing the C stick in a direction to cancel your airdodge and throw it.
Thats what ive heard. which kind of makes me happy. luckily i got a hold of a demo code so i can mess around and try to find some stuff out and try things.

Insta-tossing sounds cool, gonna have to try that!

Top Bottom