• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

advanced techniques

mariofan292

Smash Cadet
im just getting into using advanced techniques ( Wavedashing, shifld, etc...) and im having a little trouble incorperating actual fights. i can do most of them im just having trouble using them in fights help would be appreciated and thx for your time ;)

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Thats completely normal.

As far as I know that is how nearly everyone is when they first get into the advanced side of smash; tis unavoidable really. All you can really do is ram the motions so completely into your muscle memory that you don't have to think much/at all about your hands. Then of course you need to realize WHEN a tech is most useful. Wavedashing does not equal instant win; but knowing how to and WHEN to wavedash sure helps a lot.

Really, just practice and think about how to play well... you should be able to do this stuff in battle with time.

mario-man

Smash Lord
What he said.

Just practice using them in training mode for like hours on end until they're engraved in your cerebellum (that's the part of your brain that controls all of the things that have become like habits). You'll get it eventually. I'm still perfecting it myself. Lol

Rupert

Smash Rookie
yeah, i haven't played in a year and I got most techniques down (L canceling is a bit hard for me cuz I don't know exactly when to do it, and I can't shffl for crap lol) and i was able to barely incorporate those techniques. I just started playing again and i'm training at using all the techniques right now, and in a week or two i'm gonna start trying to incorporate them into my fighting technique.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
L canceling is a bit hard for me cuz I don't know exactly when to do it
You press L or R within the 20 frames (1/3rd of a second) before you hit the ground while doing an aerial. Pressing the buttons down AT ALL counts as a try to do this, so get in the habit of not pressing the shoulder buttons down all the way for this. Also, if I remember correctly you only get one try at it during the entire aerial, so timing whee.

Top Bottom