• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Advanced" Technique - Crash Smash

MemyselFishness

Smash Rookie
What is a Crash Smash

The crash smash is an usmash cancelled jump. It allows one to cancel a jump within the first few frames (unsure of how many) with an usmash. This doesn't have to be performed by standing still, this can be formed even in a dash. As far as I have tested all characters can do this technique. Crash smash works on both 3DS and Wii U. The technique can be easier or difficult depending on the controller. Difficulty from easiest to hardest: 3DS/3DSXL, Gamepad/Pro Controller, Classic Controller, Gamecube, Wii Remote and Nunchuck, and finally Wii Remote.

How to do a Crash Smash

1. Hold up, as far as possible. I highly encourage tilt jump be turned off for crash smash.

2. Press jump, doesn't matter how long you hold this.

3. Press attack IMMEDIATELY after pressing jump, not earlier and to late just uairs. holding this charges the smash.

4. Release the buttons to do a usmash.
How it Works

As far as I can tell, the jump resets the analogue sticks position so that you don't double jump with tap jump on. This then registers the holding of up as tapping it and registers the pressing of attack as a smash attack.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Sorry to smash your enthusiasm, but this isn't new.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
its just a running upsmash isnt it?
what OP is describing is canceling jumpsquat frames with an upsmash (or grab) input, not necessarily just a running upsmash.
The mechanic has been present since Melee, I think.

Top Bottom