• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adding (NOT REPLACING) Custom Content

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
PM Modding newbie here with a few quick questions.
So after much researching I do know adding skins, music, and stages are possible with Project M, but only replace existing data.
Also, of course, adding custom characters are supposedly impossible to do.
After a little further digging I found that there are 'custom' builds (ie BrawlEX, Project M+) that come with custom content pre-installed that you can (apparently) add/remove to your liking.
However, there is little to explanation on how to go about doing this!
Any help?

redxslash

Smash Cadet
To add characters, you would need to incorporate BrawlEX with project m. This has been done, but only for project m 3.02, and not the latest which is 3.5 (there still currently working on getting brawlex to work with that version). If you still want to add characters, download someone's BrawlEX package (like project m +, ProjectEX, etc) and work from there. Those downloads on there specific forums should have instructions about how to add more characters and such.

For adding stages, you can do this through ASL (alternate stage loader) or add the stage expansion pack with project m.

For adding music, I think it's impossible to add more music slots to a stage. So you would have to replace what is already there with your own custom music if you want.

For adding extra costumes to each character, you would have to incorporate CBliss with project m. I also think it currently only works for up to project m 3.02 (there trying to get it to work with version 3.5).

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
Ah.
Sounds complicated, but I'll do some digging and see what I can get working (provided I can find a rollback version of PM); or just wait it out worst case scenario.
Thanks for your help, though.

Top Bottom