• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adding Attacks to my...Arsenal

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
I'm just bringing this to attention because I feel like my knowledge of what Wolf can do is very limited.
So many combo theories and things thrown about, I don't know what's worth doing and what will actually benefit me.

I play a few people, so far my rivalry is with a Marth who approaches in the air a lot. Also, he uses a lot of Marth's tilts to connected at least 2 hits each time he gets at me. Our connection is laggy at moments.

I want to stay defensive, and I want to be able to do more as I'm in the fray, because I can't afford to stick around too long. Especially with lag here and there, it's too risky.

What should I avoid doing, too?
I've been looking around but everything feels so jumbled -.-
So help is appreciated.

§witch

Smash Lord
Sh fair and back airs are good. Bair comes off faster than Marth's fair, and has a huge hitbox. Use his shine as a counter and you should be golden.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Shine is a good idea for a counter, I guess if you are lucky you can get in a dsmash or fsmash too.

Should I use the fair as an approach? That's my biggest problem but I also can't just sit around and wait for people to come up to me all the time either.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Shine worked well. I actually just SH Laser since he always approaches with a short hop, or I'd SH Shine to keep him away.

Now, what about a Pikachu?

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu is terrible, the fact that he can chain grab wolf to like 70% is terrible. But Di's away bairs work effectively against him. In reality though its all in how the pikachu plays, but in general don't do this match-up if u can. Against marth spot dodging his attacks is usually highly effective and allows for easy tilt retaliations, and yes u can wait around for him with lasers.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Most Pikachu players are fairly typical, you see Down+B, Dsmash, of course and most of them approach with a dair. Some of them like to wait for you to come with their B, too. Also, yeah, the throws are particularly annoying but the people I played haven't seemed to notice the chain-throw possibility(thank goodness)
I figured it wasn't a good matchup.
I guess I could use a different character for that situation.

Top Bottom