• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Addicted to Rolling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil_MARIO

Smash Rookie
hey I have trouble with wavedashing out of L-cancels. I always roll away or inback of them and hit them. Is this a bad habit? Have anytips for helping me learn to not hit the control stick to roll would be great.:chuckle:

Evil_MARIO

Smash Rookie
im not accidentally doin it... i roll to get away and its like its a normal reaction lol . Beacause I L-cancel and press over to move away and I roll.

any suggestions on moves or technics that i can supstitute for rolling?

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
U should roll less though cause ur opponent can mindgame u into an opening. Try to just walk away sometimes it helps. I would say wave dashing to helps as well., but thats what everyone would say. Roll when u feel the opportunity is right to move away. So use it wisely.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Uh. . .you just have to practice?

If you have a bad habit problem where you're doing the same thing over and over again after a certain action (as you said, rolling after a shffl'd aerial), you need to break it. There's no cure to a bad habit except forcing yourself to perform that particular action differently. Although having people constantly punish you for your bad habits also works rather well.

You can do anything you want after a shffl'd aerial. Literally anything. If it's evasive stuff you want to do, you can wavedash back/forwards, dashdance away, spot-dodge, short hop/full jump forwards/backwards.

Offensively, you can jab 1-2 times, d-smash, u-tilt, shffl another aerial. . .the list goes on. Just think about what you're doing before you do it. Devolving into predictable patterns will hurt you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom