• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Add more costumes for fighters in P.M 3.6?

AylaMao69

Smash Rookie
I've wanted to add one or two extra costumes for some characters, but I couldn't find out how to do it, and the only lead I have is from a post on this very site 2 years ago with no actual help, and just someone saying "yeah".

So, how do I actually make it happen in current Project M? If it, helps, I'm editing the netplay build.

Last edited:

AylaMao69

Smash Rookie
I would check Cbliss Tool by Mewtwo2000.
Ive tried cbliss, but it says that I need to enter in some codes for it to work, but you can't enter codes in for a .elf file, since it will be running on netplay.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
You enter codes in a. gct file not an. elf file. Plus if you are playing netplay on dolphin, they don't allow you to customize your build.

Having said that, you can use Mewtwo2000's cbliss tool. It worked perfectly for my P:M 3.6 personal build.

AylaMao69

Smash Rookie
You enter codes in a. gct file not an. elf file. Plus if you are playing netplay on dolphin, they don't allow you to customize your build.

Having said that, you can use Mewtwo2000's cbliss tool. It worked perfectly for my P:M 3.6 personal build.
Is there a way to make CostumeManager account for cbliss and pm? cause it wont select both, only one

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, I don't really use CostumeManager. But it still is pretty easy to add costumes without it. I'll explain what I do later, if you want.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I'll assume that you used Mewtwo2000's tool to add a slot. Go to projectm->pf->menu2->sc_selcharacter.pac (this is for p:m 3.6, btw and you need brawlbox)

Open char_bust_tex_lz77 and you'll see a lot of MiscData[number] here. Each MiscData contains the CSPs of a character. This link ( http://smashboards.com/threads/guid...-m-3-6-csps-bsps-rsps-and-stock-icons.407758/) contains a list of which numbers correspond to which character.
Right click on the MiscData of the character you edited, and select Import->Texture and select the CSP you want to add. Next, you need to rename the texture as "MenSelchrFaceB.<number>"

Eg: if I added a slot to Samus, I would open sc_selcharacter.pac -> char_bust_tex_lz77 and right click on "MiscData[3] and then Import->texture and select the CSP. Next, right click on the picture you just added and select "rename". I'll have to rename it as MenSclchrFaceB.040.

Save and exit. The costume now has a CSP.

Now go to projectm->pf->info->portrite. You should see a lot of brres files. The link has a list for which file corresponds to which character. Copy and paste one of the files but make sure to rename the pasted file. Open this file and expand the "Textures" folder. Right click on the picture and select "replace". Choose the BP you want to add and apply.

Eg: For Samus, I'll copy InfFace039.brres and paste it in the same place. I'll rename the pasted file as InfFace040.brres. Open the newly renamed file with brawlbox, expand the "textures' folder and replace the picture.

Save and exit. The costume now has a BP.

For RSPs, projectm->pf->menu->common->char_bust_tex and again, you will see a lot of brres files.Refer to the link for which file corresponds to which character. Open the corresponding file with brawlbox and right click on MenSelchrFaceB<number>. Click Import-> Texture and select the picture you want as your RSP. Rename the newly imported RSP in the same way you renamed your CSP.

Eg: For Samus, I'll open MenSelchrFaceB030.brres and right click on MenSelchrFaceB030 and click on Import->texture. Select the RSP you want to use and click OK. I'll rename the newly imported RSP as MenSelchrFaceB.040.

Save and exit. The costume now has an RSP.

Finally, just copy and paste the FitCharacterXX.pac and .pcs into the corresponding folder in projectm->pf->fighter-> <charactername>

Eg: I'll go to projectm->pf->fighter->samus and rename the .pac amd .pcs files of my custom costume to FitSamus09.pac and FitSamus09.pcs and paste it into the folder.

That's it! This took longer to write than I thought. This may seem a little complicated but you will get the hang of it soon enough. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom