• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adapting from 1v1 to FFA

Save the Asians

Smash Cadet
Actually this is a general problem, but more emphasis on D3. I seem to bode well when it comes to playing 1v1 with Dedede, just what I am used to, but once I enter FFA, it seems to be a lot harder to play sufficiently. Usually I tend to spam waddle dees and stay back waiting for opponents, if I see an open opportunity, then that's when I enter the offensive, but are there any tips for basically a FFA for Dedede. I guess the biggest problem is his size and anticipation movements are cut off due to 2 additional players. Thanks in advance guys, I really appreciate it.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
I've had the same problem. Due to his huge size, he's so easily juggled around.

If you need to collect yourself during a fight, you can hang around on the ledge and bair anyone that comes close to you. DDD can do this pretty safely.

Pick attacks that aren't as easily punishable like Nair-> Utilt combos? wall of Bairs?

limitbreak

Smash Ace
B airs and lots of tilts. Seriously, dont use laggy moves unless you really see an opportunity.

Top Bottom