• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

accidentaly picking high tier.(for low tier supporters)

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
lets face it, there wont be a tier intill a while after brawl comes out.

i know it doesnt matter THAT much, but for all you I-support-the-low-tier people, how are you going to feel when the character you like the best is actually top tier!

i know IM going to be pissed!

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
It really wont matter. Sure you support low tier, but will it hurt to play the high tier character you enjoy. Srsly you dont always have to play competitive just play with your characters for fun.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I really don't care about tiers, only if I'm decent with a char, some chars, like bowser and mewtwo, should tweaked so thier better though.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Hmmm..i think SSBB will be like SSB64. so I will be happy if Pika was high tier again. but I'm really hoping kirby to be high tier aswell.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Well, when everybody is wondering why they are getting slaughtered by waddle dee or some other lame character, it will be like,"Hey, I was the original best lololloolozlolozlzozlozl!".
Then they'll get pwned cause they're a low tier person, and they...Um, suck...like...LOW TIERS SUCK!*runs*

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
honestly I think low tier players play low tier because they like their play style. if their character was the best I don't think it would really matter that much to them.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I don't play Kirby because he's Low tier. I play him because he's Kirby. If he was high, I'd play him regardless.

People who are like 'OMG U UZE teh HI TIRE U R N00B' are just... annoying. Most low tier mains don't do it for the Tier ***** arguement, it's just because they like their character. Marth is my Second, he's ex-top tier, I'm not copmlaining because he's 'omg hihg teir'

Metà

Smash Master
I hate it when people play as low tier just for the sake of playing as a character that sucks. I am going to play Puff (hoping she's in the game) regardless of where she is on the tier list because I don't give a rat's a** about it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't care, I was playing Fox [I actually started with Falco but that's a long story] before I even knew what tiers were.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Hi, yea I'm not sure but Fox is either the highest or second highest in top tier.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
what about ness link mario marth iceclimbers and...*panting* shie...*panting*k...*falls on flor from talking so rapidly*

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's a tier list for melee in the Melee forums, but it's probably 2006, it should give you the right idea since I doubt any character will moves up or down more than 2 spots.

Mr.Crapper

Smash Rookie
Hooray for all the kirby supporters. I played Kirby in 64 before i knew what strategy was. I was forced to abandon kirby in SSBM because I couldn't seem to win. Then I was introduced to the smash forums, the special moves above and beyond, jump, attack, land. Now I'm thrilled to be able to go back to being competitive with Kirby though my housemates love to tear me apart with shiek and marth all day. I just hope Kirby is given a fair chance in Brawl.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I pay no attention to tier lists. I use who I want and am good with. I wouldn't use Fox or Falco unless I got good with them, but I'm not. The same applies to all high tiers.

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
yeah i figured i would get responses like that, i just wanted to see peoples thoughts on it :)

because i know there are some TRUE low tier supporters out there who play just because the charatcer is low tier.

i know im gonna piss off a lot of people but i dont really like fox and falco. i know they take incredible skill to learn but there are just SO many people who play them and its kind of like...idk it doesnt get boring but i like change and idk. dont hate me. haha

full_95

Smash Journeyman
if you pick characters only cuz they are low tier and you want to feel cool, i would like to hunt you for sport (much like "the most dangerous game," except with a more fitting end. ie: i shoot you in the throat with my bow). play characters cuz you like them, not cuz you want to feel unique and super sweet (fyi, it doesnt make you super sweet, it makes you un-sweet). i play low tier chars (link is my second), but i dont do it cuz he's low tier, i do it cuz link is the t!ts and i enjoy his play style.

T-major

Smash Champion
personaly, I don't like the tier list. I't makes people use characters that they don't normaly like, simply because they want to win. I use C.Falcon (who, to my knowledge, isn't low teir), because I like his moves, and the way he plays. I love Kirby the most, but I'm not used to his floaty-ness yet (still working on that...) I'm going to be using Metaknight in Brawl, even if he sucks. I'll be useing DeDeDe too if and when he gets in (what can I say, I love Kirby characters.). I'll be using Wario, who I don't expect to be that good, simply because I wanted him in Melee, and my chance to use him in SSB is overdue.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
yeah i couldnt agree more... haha. i didn't mean to give the impression that i did that...if i did, its falseeeee.

woo brawl!
haha, i wasn't implying anybody, i was just saying in general.

ps: i hope nobody gets sensative about my previous post. laugh a little people, there's waaaaayyyy too much seriousity on this site.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I don't care what tier a character is in. I also don't care what game they are from. I only care if I like something about how the character plays. If I play a character, and I like them, i'd keep playing them regardless. So if one of the characters I play now was a low tier and becomes high tier, I'd play them still if still like how they play.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Tiers don't really matter to me much, I play as every char, don't really main any. (Pretty much avoid Pichu and Doc though, just cause I don't like the chars)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There aren't going to be a tier list for BRawl on day 1, go nuts and (gasp!) play who you want to play. Stop letting what people whink is better dictate what you play, low tier or not.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I don't like characters who are in the top 4 of the teir list. Because way to many people use them usually, and I just like to be different.

But mind you if K.Rool, Diddy or Gex are in Brawl and one of them is in the top 4 of the tier list I WONT GIVE I ****!

Impp

Smash Ace
Upon picking up the game there will be characters with noticeably steeper learning curves. Learning curves don't designate tiers, but it would be good practice to play as some of the more challenging characters and learn some neat tricks with them and stuff. That's what I might try to do. I'm playing Kirby regardless, but if he proves to be godly (an unlikely chance), I'll pick up someone more challenging. I do have a feeling Kirby will be kicked up a notch. Just a feeling.

Top Bottom