• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Accidentally shooting backwards on SHL

Selphious

Smash Cadet
A lot of the time, whenever I am SHLing, I turn around and shoot. I assume it's from letting go of the control stick and it flicking backwards and makin me shoot back. But I would like to know a way to keep myself from doing this, cause a lot of the time I'll be jumping on an opponent with a SHL to start a combo but I'll land backwards without hitting them and then that's a pretty easy hit. Advice please.

mathos

Smash Champion
Thats exactly what you're doing wrong. Most of the time I find its the controllers fault, specifically if its a new controller. A new controller's firmness makes it snap back too quickly so it ends up in the opposite direction of the intended SHL. But its good for RSHL :)

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
when you fast fall, tilt the controller stick SLIGHTLY forward. that way you wont move but you know youll always face forward.

twnz

Smash Cadet
uhh, i do it sometimes whenever i get nervous in a match.. but the thing i do is actually use ur thumb to make the control stick go back to the center, if you noe wat i mean. Instead of just letting the control stick go back by itself? get my drift?

Selphious

Smash Cadet
uhh, i do it sometimes whenever i get nervous in a match.. but the thing i do is actually use ur thumb to make the control stick go back to the center, if you noe wat i mean. Instead of just letting the control stick go back by itself? get my drift?
Yeah, that's what I've found to do. I'm mostly doing better now, I slip every once in a while and shoot backwards, but my Falco is getting a lot better. Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom