• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Olimar's Pikmin Usage

Save the Asians

Smash Cadet
When exactly do you guys use a specific Pikmin in your moves, (if you guys even play that analytically =P). As for example I know that you use the white pikmin mostly for his side b attacks, and his red pikmin for his smashes, but what about the others? I was just thinking about this because I believe it would provide the most usage for Olimar players? Also, I am having a trouble seeing which pikmin is in front of my line after using the down b move. Any tips would be appreciated for the down b dilemma. Thanks in advance guys. =).

asob4

Smash Champion
i use mostly the reds and yellows for combo, blues for back throw kills and smashes, purples for awesomeness lol
to determine the order just jump and they'll follow and it's easy to see

Yakt-NJ

Smash Cadet
yellow, red for aerials, okay for smashes too
blue, purple for smashes
blue for grab knockback, red and yellow for early grab combos
white for toss and grab range
purple for a ranged knockback

Good luck!

asob4

Smash Champion
oh don't forget whites for high percent grab combos
they're so weak that you can combo from their fthrow

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Honestly, it is difficult for me to keep track of my Pikmin order 100% of the time. In a challenging battle, I must think and act quickly, and I don't have the luxury of planning out my attacks based on my Pikmin order. It's easy to see white and purple Pikmin, though. So, if I happen to see a white and purple Pikmin in my army, I tend to be more cautious about Forward-Air attacks and grabs. If I see that I have no white or purple Pikmin, that is my signal to unleash all of my aerial attacks on the opponent, with no fear of small knock-backs from white Pikmin and short-ranged grabs from purple Pikmin.

Rule of thumb for me: Blue, Red, Yellow, he's a dead fellow. Purple and white, stay back and play light. :)

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Normally I dont pay a lot of attention unless I want to do something specific, but I always keep an eye for White ones and their incredible grab range.

Juice1

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I don't think it's that good of a strategy to plan your attacks according to which pikmin is in line. Like, if I clearly have a forward-smash open, but a white pikmin is in line, it isn't like I won't use my forward smash. I guess I can grab and try a combo, but that option is available for any pikmin really other than purple if they aren't in range. The only time I really look at the order of my pikmin is when I'm flying off the stage. In general, I don't have the reflexes to act accordingly to which pikmin is up front, and if I kept focusing my matches on the order, then I think I would lose everytime because I would end up missing key opportunities.

Top Bottom