• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Lucas' Bat

lint789

Smash Cadet
Mabey he'll get something similar to peach's Side Smash in which he switches between a bat, a stick, and something else.

T-major

Smash Champion
Lucas technically never uses a Bat, only sticks.

also, I'm almost positive they won't do that... would be neat, but they probably won't do it.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
From what I heard he only had a stick in his game(haven't played it).

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's a bat. In the new SSE movie he is shown using something that looks just like a bat. It even made the same sound as Ness' bat.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's a bat. In the new SSE movie he is shown using something that looks just like a bat. It even made the same sound as Ness' bat. And no I don't think they would do that. I think that they want Lucas to be a solid character. Not a character that is based partially on luck like peach and G&W.

Sorry.Accidental double post

Deku Boy

Smash Cadet
Lucas technically never uses a Bat, only sticks.

also, I'm almost positive they won't do that... would be neat, but they probably won't do it.
Two of the weapons in Mother 3 are bats, the second of which is called the "Genuine Bat", a metal bat found about five minutes before the final battle. >.>; The first is a replica of Ness's old bat which you can buy from a movie theater that's playing a movie based on the story of Earthbound.

But regardless, looking at slowed down footage, the weapon is very obviously a stick.

T-major

Smash Champion
Two of the weapons in Mother 3 are bats, the second of which is called the "Genuine Bat", a metal bat found about five minutes before the final battle. >.>; The first is a replica of Ness's old bat which you can buy from a movie theater that's playing a movie based on the story of Earthbound.

But regardless, looking at slowed down footage, the weapon is very obviously a stick.
whoops. didn't know that, I'm only at the Lightning Tower so... yeah...

... but he mainly uses sticks; which is what he should/does use in Brawl...

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I saw a picture form the Dojo. It is a stick. Sorry:) Yea last post!!!

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know how Lucas' stick compares to Ness' bat? Aside from what Sakurai said, ie it's generally weaker. Anything solid?

Shuyin

Smash Cadet
I didn't really get to try it much. I kind of did it by accident. I'll try to test it out when I get to play again.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
It's not that hard, I'd say. You can even reflect items with the reverse hitbox again. In one of my very first matches, I killed a Wario with F-Smash and coincidentally reflected an item thrown at me from behind with the same attack.

DBurke

Smash Cadet
Just to confirm what you've all been talking about, Lucas uses a stick with leaves on it and nothing else. It has about the same range as Ness' bat, but I'd say a little smaller. It's not very fast, but it's not slow either. Very close to Ness' bat speed. It has very good knockback does a good amount of damage and does reflect projectiles of any kind, as well as being able to reflect them with the reverse hitbox. The timing isn't difficult, but it needs some getting used to on certain projectiles. Links arrows, for example are very fast and the timing that is required to reflect the arrow with your stick means that you pretty much have to predict when the person is going to shoot the arrow. This also depends on how far they are away from you.

All in all, very solid stick. :)

Top Bottom