• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About GaW Upsmash

thisNeko

Smash Rookie
Hi, i am working my GaW for now, and i was wondering if we had a list about what GaW can beat with his Upsmash.
(Since some moove hit the non-invincible part of his body)

Also, in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDEnexJKnAk at 0.40

The guy is able to Jump Cancel Upsmash OOS and actully beat a jab.

I'd like to know :

1- Is it legit ? Maybe he is only able to do that cause the jab is delayed.

2- If it's legit what attacks can we beat with that ?

3- Is it still possible with the shield patch ?

I am posting here since i did t saw any thread about it so i hope you GaW mains can give me some informations.

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
1- Is it legit ? Maybe he is only able to do that cause the jab is delayed.

The jab wasn't delayed, you can punish a lot of jabs between 2nd and 3rd hit.

Folie

Smash Apprentice
lol @ this being called "advanced techniques"

I mean, yeah, it can work, maybe even after with the shield patch, but the real question is whether or not it's actually reliably useful. The main reason you don't see this happening or being discussed a lot is because people know there's better, safe things to do on shield that aren't doing a non-rapid jab combo. Same goes with ZSS f-smash, at higher level play, ZSS players don't use fsmash in neutral.

Last edited:

thisNeko

Smash Rookie
No indeed, but it was more about finding a way to punish player that use jab to cover one of their attack. For exemple, i see a lot of ZSS player doing a falling Nair on shield and Jab. And with the new shield patch (and even before it) i find really hard to punish them. I am trying to Shield grab of course but it seems that character with a frame data advantages like ZSS jab frame 1 can actually moove even before my shieldstun or grab is complete.

The OOS Upsmash seems to me a good way to punish every single falling aerials and jab comming from your oponent. The problem is i dont know what attacks can actually bypass GaW Upsmash by attacking under the helmet. For exemple, GaW can Upsmash Bowser UpB and that's not intuitive at all.

So, that s why i am asking here. What moove are Upsmashable and what moove aren't.

KOSSismoss

Smash Rookie
Reverse Usmash is actually really good, as it can beat out a variety of moves, such as Mario's reverse usmash, most dash attacks, and even Sonic's spin dashes (although if not spaced correctly, he can jump/nair before the hit comes out).

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
lol @ this being called "advanced techniques"

I mean, yeah, it can work, maybe even after with the shield patch, but the real question is whether or not it's actually reliably useful. The main reason you don't see this happening or being discussed a lot is because people know there's better, safe things to do on shield that aren't doing a non-rapid jab combo. Same goes with ZSS f-smash, at higher level play, ZSS players don't use fsmash in neutral.

The first part of the video shows the property, the second part (Oos Usmash shows the AT)

Top Bottom