• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A weird Hail team

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Well, I just downloaded Shoddy, and wanted to make a Hail team cuz Ice is my favorite type. I want to get rid of almost every weakness because I know there's going to be one form of something that completely puts this team on hot coals. So, please rate with details on why.

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Naive//Levitate
EV/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 SpAtk
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-U-turn
-Draco Meteor/Outrage

I need this for Tyranitar leads (Sandstorm) and revenging killing things that would give any Hail team problems such as Heatran, Lucario, Infernape, Scizor, and anything that a teammate needs out of the way because of it's Scarf. However, I think that it will have trouble with Tyranitar (EQ is a 2-3HKO, only reason why U-turn is here) and Zapdos without Outrage. This is why I am thinking of switching out Draco Meteor for Outrage, because this is a Hail Team, and there is another Pokemon that will kill the boosted Dragons better with Ice Shard.

Walrein@Leftovers
Bold//Ice Body
EV/ 220 HP/ 252 Def/ 46 Spd
-Protect
-Substitute
-Roar
-Surf

What's a Hail Team without the mighty Stallrein? Just meant to kill with passive damage like Hail, maybe Toxic, and other things coming from teammates. Kinda takes physical hits that aren't Rock/Fighting/Electric/occasional Grass. When set up, just roars away and Surfs when needed.

Mamoswine@Brightpowder
Naughty//Snow Cloak
EV/ 252 Atk/ 192 Spd/ 64 HP
-Ice Shard
-Blizzard
-Earthquake
-Substitute

Plays somewhat like Walrein, only Mamo relies on evasion haxes in Brightpowder and Snow Cloak to mess with your opponents. Sub if you know you're going first, so your guarded for a little and you can attempt a sweep while they miss (Usually happens, when 100% accurate moves suddenly go down to 72% under Hail). Deals with Tyranitar when Flygon U-turns it. Also has an EV spread so it just barely lives an CB Aqua Tail from Tyranitar.

Abomasnow@Leftovers
Timid//Snow Warning
EV/ 252 Spatk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Blizzard
-Energy Ball

It really wouldn't be a Hail team without Abomasnow. Gets Hail in when Tyranitar and Hippowdon are out of the way, and makes half of this team function correctly. Other than that, it's a Subseeder. Gets in if it's safe when Flygon can U-turn, or just whenever it can.

Zapdos@Leftovers
Calm//Pressure
EV/ 252 HP/ 220 Spdef/ 36 Spd
-Roost
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave
-HP Grass

Takes the special hits alongside Tentacruel. And provides a Grass resistance and a way to remove the Grass pokemon, eeing as they are immune to Leech Seed, most are also Poison type and removing my Toxic Spikes, and only Abomasnow is also resistant to Grass. Roost to heal, Thunderbolt for STAB, Heat Wave for coverage, and HP Grass for Swampert/other Grounds. Gliscor does not counter me here, for four of my Pokemon can take it down easily.

Tentacruel@Leftovers
Calm//Liquid Ooze
EV/ 252 HP/ 56 HP/ 200 Spdef
-Blizzard/Sludge Bomb/Acupressure
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Toxic Spikes

The main special wall. The spinner. AND the Spiker. This is the one Pokemon besides Abomasnow that must be kept alive, because it removes the spikes and sets up some. Surf is reliable, Toxic Spikes so Walrein can wreak havoc upon everyone it sets it's eyes on and make life easier if there's no Heracross/Guts users. Same with Rapid Spin. Blizzard for the never-miss thing, Sludge Bomb for STAB and attempt to poison Flyers that wouldn't be killed by other teammates, or Acupressure to just have fun.

I can't think of more movesets, but I think I could use these Pokemon as well, just don't know where to put them in this team.

Vaporeon
-Much-needed Wish/Subpass support. Could also pass Aqua Ring to get Pokemon on my side to heal even faster.

Drifblim
-BIG SUBPASSING. And it can pass Stockpile, opponent's nightmare if successfully passed to Walrein.

Heatran
-Easy switch-in with all of these Fire weaknesses. And provides special attacks that are strong. Could switch with Zapdos.

WouW

Smash Lord
I don't see how Tentacruel could be a special wall without any form of healing. (Leftovers is cancelled out by Hail. Also, always replace Leftovers with Black Sludge on Poison Pokemon.)

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Didn't think of that, but that's why I now need to find a place for Vaporeon on this team so I can heal others on the team with Wish. Or I could use Jirachi.

ss118

Smash Master
Vaporeon can over Flygon if need be.

Anyway, on the last slot on Tentacruel use Mirror Coat. Why? Considering that most stall teams carry Rotom to stop RS, you need to have a way to get around them. Mirror Coat the ***** back to Japan.

Top Bottom