• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Weird D-air...

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
This was done on Final Destination. I did a D-air that landed on the ground, next to the ledge, but I then fell off of the stage, while continuing the D-air animation.

I don't know how I exactly angled the D-air, but I'm trying to recreate it. It seems like it may be useful in specific situations.

Has this happened to anyone else, before?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I have to agree with Neji. It doesn't sound too useful on paper.
Besides, I can't recreate this. If no one else can pull this off regularly we might as well forget about it.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
Did you short hop it? Did you fastfall it? Was anyone near you when it happened? Did you try to move the control stick after you landed?

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm not too sure how useful this would be, but we may have a new situational mindgame for my guide :]
I think it's happened to me once before but I dismissed it as normal thinking that I'd pressed something to miss the ledge or so forth. And send the replay to Stealth. He'll upload it for you.

stevensteve

Smash Cadet
are u sure the animation was a continuation of the first d-air?

if not, i'm assuming you d-air and hit the ground. then you shield. opponent hits your shield and you get pushed off the stage. you down c-stick, hoping to down smash. however, you are no longer on the stage so your down c-stick becomes a d-air.

if not, there's a second scenario. d-air actually has 2 hits. the first hit is observed when u hit the opponent and the second hit is actual impact on the ground. perhaps you landed the first hit but never the second one?

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
stealth is the make-a-video wh0re, send your replays his way and he has no life, so he thrives on this and waits. just waits

<3

Van Jones

Smash Lord
This has happened to me before. It is kidna cool, but I haven't found a situation where I have needed to use it before.

Top Bottom