• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A way to get around shield grabbing?

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Well I wouldn't necessarily call this something new, but I've done some searching and seen nothing like it (well almost nothing like it), in either videos or threads here.

After looking into DaShizWiz's help thread, I finally discovered how he was able to, in the air, shine, JC, then bair so quickly. So I thought what if you use your regular approach with SHB and such, but when you SH, you use shine instead of an aerial and JC that shine into whatever you want.

Actually the question is, since the shine might not hit them because they are shielding or dodging, does this actually work in a real match? Will you avoid being shield grabbed? I've just recently thought about this and I haven't a chance to play against my friends yet to test this out.

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
Well I wouldn't necessarily call this something new, but I've done some searching and seen nothing like it (well almost nothing like it), in either videos or threads here.

After looking into DaShizWiz's help thread, I finally discovered how he was able to, in the air, shine, JC, then bair so quickly. So I thought what if you use your regular approach with SHB and such, but when you SH, you use shine instead of an aerial and JC that shine into whatever you want.

Actually the question is, since the shine might not hit them because they are shielding or dodging, does this actually work in a real match? Will you avoid being shield grabbed? I've just recently thought about this and I haven't a chance to play against my friends yet to test this out.
This move flows well in combos. Your not actually suppose to charge in and preform this move as you would a dair>shine>what ever. Although it might work if you use enough mind games but it is definatley not a good approach . If you did and you were to miss this and the opponent shielded or spot dodgedas you are falling down from the jcshined bair you will most likely be punished with a grab/smash/w.e. I hope i answered your question.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
but you could, like, SHL to shield-on-shine and cancel that shine with a fastfalled dair on the back of their shields and pillar from that. throws em off

Top Bottom