• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Way Around TV Lag

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
With the Wii U coming up, I decided it was time for a new TV. My old one was one of the old projector TVs from the early 90s, was huge, and looked great, but I felt that I needed one that did full 1080p. I received it today, a 39 inch Sanyo LCD. My sister and I hooked up our Wii to it, and decided to do a few rounds of Brawl. We are serious players who know the game fairly well, and instantly, before we even got to the Character Select Screen, we noticed the image lagged. Our inputs were displayed a few frames late. We tried doing a match, and actually gave up within 15 seconds because of the lag. It's unusable.

There was no lag, at least none we could notice, on the old projector TV, but I would really like to get to use this new one. I am currently using the composite cables that came with the Wii.

Does anyone know of a way around such a problem? Would buying some component cables for the Wii help at all (we were going to do this for the progressive scan anyway, so that wouldn't be a problem if we needed those)?

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I'm probably going to be returning the TV, but does anyone know of types or specific brands that don't lag?

Top Bottom