• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Video Game World...[AG Hype]

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
You walked into your house, after buying that very game you've been saving up to play. You waste no time setting up the game. Once you boot up the game, the imagry was black. Then someone unfamiliar to you appeared on TV.

"Greetings, young warrior."

While the person is unfamiliar, you began to listen in on her words.

"We are in grave danger. A evil force is terrorizing all over the land of Gametopia." The woman dissipears, and all you saw were cities engulfed in flames. Many of the attackers were dark silloettes, but the ones you spot clearly were Bowser and Ganondorf, causing a huge ruckus. The camera shift, and then you saw Wily terrorizing on his ship, along with Eggman.Many of the victims were dieing one by one. Just then, an even bigger figure loomed over their head, pointing directions.You assumed it was their leader. At this point, your brain knows this 'cutscene' isn't part of the game you bought at all.

"We are in need of heroes willling to fight against this evil." It was then you came across a image of three people. One of them was flexing is muscles confidently. The other two stood tall with a badass flare around them.

"Now the question remains....will you be one of those heroes we need?"

You're pretty silent, as this felt soreal. You took a glance at the power button of your console.

"I'll understand if you do not wish to be involved."

!! It spooked you for a bit. However, you clenched your fist, and looked at the woman with confidence. The woman smiled.

"Thank you." It was then that she dissipeared. Suddenly, a blue vortex appeared on the TV screen. "Then jump through the portal, young warrior."

With a nod, you got up and then slowly touched the vortex, which quickly sucked you in. Many binery blue imagry surrounded you as you plunged deeper into the portal.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
OKAY, WELCOME EVERYONE

I guess you all are looking at this and are like 'wait...AG? By ROCKIN? WTF?' Yes, it is. And before I explain what it's about, I'll give a short explanation of what Adventure Game [AG] is.

Adventure Games are pretty much that: people off exploring/doing missions involving the storyline. This is not to confuse it with 'Roleplaying' as RPing is just...simple and silly. In Adventure games, you are playing as you (or a chosen character, depending), and you're usually level 1ish at the start (meaning you have to earn your badassery by getting better and stronger throughout the game). In these AG games, the game introduces you into

- a path you can choose to follow
- a situation
- a conflict (whether it'd be physical, mental, or social).

All these three things (especially the last two) follows a simple rock, paper, scissor mechanic. This means, you'll either succeed, fail, or tie at a decission/situation/conflict. This is pretty important to understand, as, depending on what you do, you may either spell fortune or death. Regardless, AGs are really fun, as it features a large group of players with unique characteristics.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I explained AGs to the n00bs, time to get to explaining whhat this game is about

What is the game format?
Features a crossover between Mission based AGs and sandbox (freedom to explore). This means that, while you're allowed to explore (under certain boundaries), you may come across a mission or request that you need to do. They're usually mandatory, but some can be optional as well.

Who am I playing as?

Prettty much a video gamer that gets involved in this plot.

Awww, I can't play as my favorite character, ________?

NOPE, but you can have them assist you (whether it be as an NPC or using their powers, as I'll try to explain).

You see, depending on which faction you choose, your 'powers' and usage may differ from others. Each faction use their powers differently from the others. Said powers will be explained in better detail once you join.

Sooooooo what are the factions?

Thus far, the only known factions are Nintendo, and the 'Bad guys. Again, more will be explained as the story begins.

You're pretty vague.

Only cause I don't want to spoil a lot of the good stuff at the beginning. If you know me from previous Mafia game hosting, I like to make the games pretty fun and enjoyable. I also always take do my best to take great care of the players.

Fine. So how do I sign up?

I need you to PM ME THE FOLLOWING THINGS

Your top 10 favorite games (yes, ten. Deal with it >:C):

Your top 3 favorite Genres:

Did you play any AGes before?: (if you have, list all the ones you've been involved in)

How often do you use Skype and/or AIM?

What's your playstyle when it comes to fighting games?

Let's say you're approached with a very difficult obstacle (you need to get to point A and you need to get to point B) in a video game. How would you handle it?

You're walking down the street. In the allyway, you see an unarmed robber about to be stabbed by a civilian.The knife the civilian's holding doesn't belong to the robber. There was a large sack of money in the allyway not too far from the robber and the civilian. What do you do?

-----------------------

so yeah, if you guys have any questions or w/e, just let me know. I've been hearing people perfer Skype over AIM (which makes sense, cause AIM is pretty obsolete nowadays). This is fine with me, as I have some goofy ideas I want to try out with skype.

If you never played a AG before, don't worry about it. I welcome all new and vet players. This means I have to make a appointment with you for a 'tutorial' of sorts. Veteran players are welcome to this tutorial to 'stretch their legs.'

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
/In. Newbie here. May or may not pm you the things later. Depends on my memory and mood.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Does this still exist?
Still does! I'm still collecting signups, but I've also been figuring out/gauging what days I have that's free at my job. Sorry for the wait!

Please bare with me a bit longer, and I'll be sure to get things rolling.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I signed up for this, yet I haven't even posted in the thread, yet.

How many people have signed up for this so far anyway?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I signed up for this, yet I haven't even posted in the thread, yet.

How many people have signed up for this so far anyway?
Damnit, I knew I should've put up a list LOL Anyway, here's the list

BSL
Maven89
Marshy
FireEmblemnier

I'll start rolling around tutorials for this week so I can go and start the game. I'll be available to play later on this evening and tomorrow. Skype information is right here.

Be sure to put in your smashname when you friend me.

Top Bottom