• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A thought I had...

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
What if like Pit, certain characters (such as the Ice Climbers) were given more mature make-overs? I'm not saying I support this, I'm just saying it might happen...

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Why would they? Super Smash Bros. is, like its concept and its characters, whimsical and light-hearted. I don´t think Nintendo´s looking for a more mature approach to it.

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
Why would they? Super Smash Bros. is, like its concept and its characters, whimsical and light-hearted. I don´t think Nintendo´s looking for a more mature approach to it.
I disagree, seeing how Sakurai decided give Pit a more mature look instead of the bobblehead appearence of his trothy.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Link has got one because there is a game with a mature Link.
There are no games with mature Pit or Ness or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I don't really say Link looks more mature now than in OoT, but it's still a revolution in the character... In TP Link gained alot of emotion and realism, and that's just as much as a revolution...

I don't hope characters become more "mature", but yeah I'd like to see them having more emotion. Ness especially looks very emotionless and yeah I hope they change that a bit. Ness looks like a kid not older than 8, while he's suposed to be around 14? Chidosengan, that picture of Ness is good... But too anime-like for representing the rather cartoony Earthbound / Mother franchise... Still I'd like if Ness is atleast somewhat taller and less chubby, like in SSB64.

Tera253

Smash Ace
cartoonish Pit>SSBB Pit... just kidding.
no, Ness and ICs should stay the same, even if it was solely for that gratifiying feeling of saying "you got owned by a little kid/s" Ness is supposed to look light and weak because, well, he is. the Ice Climbers: there's two of them, and everyone knows how much one Ice Climber sucks.
As for Link...
Tera was debating whether or not he was gay (wile her friend was debating Marth and Roy) in SSBM. after playing Twilight Princess and hearing Link's slightly lower voice, it was a pleasing sound.
~Tera253~

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
no, Ness and ICs should stay the same, even if it was solely for that gratifiying feeling of saying "you got owned by a little kid/s" Ness is supposed to look light and weak because, well, he is. the Ice Climbers: there's two of them, and everyone knows how much one Ice Climber sucks.
Still... it would be nice to see Ness look like his actual age and a bit more mature than that pudgy 6 year old. As for Ice Climbers, I agree.
As for Link...
Tera was debating whether or not he was gay (wile her friend was debating Marth and Roy) in SSBM. after playing Twilight Princess and hearing Link's slightly lower voice, it was a pleasing sound.
~Tera253~
What? lol! :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Link.. gay? Metro sexual perhaps... Not not homosexual! He's a PIMP!

On a more serious note...

Yes I prefer the newer look for Pit, but I wouldn't say it's anime-like, like the picture of Ness and the Earthbound gang. I just want Ness to be a little taller and less chubby, that's all...

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Still... it would be nice to see Ness look like his actual age and a bit more mature than that pudgy 6 year old. As for Ice Climbers, I agree.
As for Link...
~Tera253~
What? lol! :laugh:

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
About Ness being pudgy... I haven't played earthbound yet, but I've read that it makes frequent references to him being somewhat overweight. admittedly, it was apparently said that he lost some weight by the end of his adventure. I just don't want SSBB to pull a Holes movie and give overweight characters an unneeded overhaul to make things sexier.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Pit's SSBB look isn't a 100% complete makeover. Sakurai borrowed some ideas from Pit's NES and Game Boy looks, while Sakurai combined them with some new ideas. Pit's crown of laurel and large blue eyes came from his Game Boy look on the front cover of "Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters", while his convertable bow and teenage-style look are just brand-new ideas.

Top Bottom