• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Standard Team...Not particularly focused

DyceDarg

Smash Cadet
Snorlax - Leftovers/Pink bow/Mint Berry
Body Slam
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Self-destruct/Rest

Standard set? Snorlax's only real weakness being a strong fighting type, it seems like a good starter. Fire Blast taking care of steels, Earthquake for rocks and ghosts. Body Slam's STAB generally takes care of everything else. BEWM when there's something that looks dangerous, or once my HP is down far enough. The item switch is a little iffy, but I think Pink bow would be more useful with the STAB and Self-destruct concept instead of rest/heal.

Houndoom - Leftovers
Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Crunch
Solarbeam

Regular Sunnybeam Houndoom. Generally sent in when there's something weak to fire/dark, first turn set up Sunny Day, have them switch to water and solarbeam.

Blissey - Leftovers
Seismic Toss
Attract
Thunder Wave
Softboiled

How I love the parattract Blissey. So much HP it's ridiculous, with a softboiled. Generally sent in after Alakazam uses Reflect because of it's high SP. Def, and lower Def.

Raichu - Magnet/Leftovers
Surf
Thunder
Rain Dance
Body Slam

Another standard, the Dancing Rat. I like to send this in after Houndoom, if the water type owns Houndoom too badly.

Suicune - Mint Berry
Mirror Coat
Rest
Surf
Ice Beam

I don't know how, but my Suicune is never OHKO'd (unless critical) by a thunder attack. I try to send this in after Raichu, generally to mirror coat a Thunder (with the Rain Dance up) back at my opponent for an OHKO

Alakazam - Twistedspoon
Reflect
Psychic
(Elemental Punch here, but generally a Fire Punch)
Recover

If Snorlax, Blissey, or Houndoom goes down to a fighting type here's my answer. The Reflect also sets up others on my team nicely. I use Twistedspoon here because with Alakazam's SPAtk and Speed stats, as well as STAB...well ****. It hurts.

NOTES (May be added onto in the future):

I switch a Raikou instead of my Raichu occasionally, the set being:

Raikou - Leftovers
Reflect
Roar
Crunch
Thunderbolt

Reflect first, generally saving me from massive damage all at once to OHKO. Roar the next turn if it's something I'm weak against, or TB/Crunch. I might substitute Crunch for Rest instead though with a mint berry.

Rate please! And PM me if there's any team you want me to rate that doesn't involve Generation IV... Haven't played it yet (as you could tell from my team I assume =P)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Snorlax - Leftovers/Pink bow/Mint Berry
Body Slam
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Self-destruct/Rest

Standard set? Snorlax's only real weakness being a strong fighting type, it seems like a good starter. Fire Blast taking care of steels, Earthquake for rocks and ghosts. Body Slam's STAB generally takes care of everything else. BEWM when there's something that looks dangerous, or once my HP is down far enough. The item switch is a little iffy, but I think Pink bow would be more useful with the STAB and Self-destruct concept instead of rest/heal.

Leftovers, of course. Consider Curse over Body Slam.

Raichu - Magnet/Leftovers
Surf
Thunder
Rain Dance
Body Slam

Another standard, the Dancing Rat. I like to send this in after Houndoom, if the water type owns Houndoom too badly.

Why Body Slam? Ice Beam over Surf or Body Slam.

Suicune - Mint Berry
Mirror Coat
Rest
Surf
Ice Beam

I don't know how, but my Suicune is never OHKO'd (unless critical) by a thunder attack. I try to send this in after Raichu, generally to mirror coat a Thunder (with the Rain Dance up) back at my opponent for an OHKO

People never use Thunder except on Rain Dance teams.

Alakazam - Twistedspoon
Reflect
Psychic
(Elemental Punch here, but generally a Fire Punch)
Recover

If Snorlax, Blissey, or Houndoom goes down to a fighting type here's my answer. The Reflect also sets up others on my team nicely. I use Twistedspoon here because with Alakazam's SPAtk and Speed stats, as well as STAB...well ****. It hurts.

Signal Beam or Focus Blast in the third slot.

NOTES (May be added onto in the future):

I switch a Raikou instead of my Raichu occasionally, the set being:

Raikou - Leftovers
Reflect
Roar
Crunch
Thunderbolt

Reflect first, generally saving me from massive damage all at once to OHKO. Roar the next turn if it's something I'm weak against, or TB/Crunch. I might substitute Crunch for Rest instead though with a mint berry.

Raikou's has one weakness, Ground attacks. You need Surf or Ice Beam to deal with them.
l l

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Is this a G/S/C team? Because there's no Mint Berry in D/P/Pt. You might want to mention that.

Top Bottom