• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A smasher that can't smash...

SMauler9

Smash Rookie
Why, hello everyone. SMauler is here to voice his brash and hardly correct opinions on this Smash Bros forum, just like any other 15 year-old.

I have myself a 3DS and GC, and will be picking up a Wii U soon (Of course, I'm picking up both version of Sm4sh). I have been consistently smashing since I made a purchase of Melee last year, and looked to SmashBoards to take this to the next level. There is a problem with attempting to do this, though.

I would like to try my hand at a Melee or Brawl tourney, but my location doesn't really allow for it. I live in Canberra, Australia, quite possibly the most boring capital city in the world. This means I have not been able to find myself a local tourney to turn up to, and netplay isn't really that great when you don't have any way of getting your GC controller into your PC, and have to deal with a PS3-like controller. If anyone is aware of Melee or Brawl tourneys happening in Canberra, I would be extremely grateful. Hell, even if anyone in the area is willing to just do a little sparring, I'll be happy.

As for my skill level, I've been extremely slowly picking myself up with the advanced tech in Melee(I can't really wavedash, largely due to my HDTV, and I'm getting there with L-Cancelling), but I'll be kicking into Sm4sh, and will aim to learn that as my main game. I haven't played all that much Brawl, but I'd prefer to get better at Brawl over Melee.

Well, that was a bit long...

3DS Friend Code: 4828 - 5374 - 9377 (Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X/Y)

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yo!

Check in with the Australia community here if you haven't already.

Looking at your potential Smash 4 mains, you have pretty nice taste in characters :p Look forward to seeing you around on the forums!

Top Bottom