• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Revisit to a Favorite Forum

Bearlea(f)

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Royal-Bande
3DS FC
1607-3191-7083
Well! It's been some time since I last posted on Smashboards, or any fansite forum, really. I used to frequent this place around four hours daily back in high school during the dawn of Brawl. I feel it only fitting that I'm back again the year Sm4sh is slated to come into my hands.

So, with that said, I'm Bearlea(f). As a recent change in my life has overhauled my entire being, so too shall my video game persona & Smash identity. I'll go by (f) when playing Smash (as it'll fit the character limit and looks like a little leaf), but Bearlea(f) will be my moniker in full.

I could literally talk for hours about myself and interests I hold, but as this is a mere introduction thread, I'll cut this post off here and let it develop on its own. Feel free to chat, inquire, and even introduce your own self to me!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome back to Smashboards!

I'm Hokori (Pride), nice to meet you. I've been playing Smash since 64, although I never really got interested in Smash competitively until about a few years into Brawl. Smash 4 will be the first game I'll start competitively right away so I'm looking forward to it. I consider myself to be a pretty good player, I was just never serious enough about the game until recently. I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the community and hearing what others have to share, as being open-minded always makes for good discussion.

Anyways, welcome back again, and I hope that you stick around for good!

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Welcome back :)

I'm Gatlin/Fatlin/GatGat/etc or simply Travis. I'm pretty terrible at introducing my own self lol; but I like your location. I'll actually be moving to that state really soon. Already visited 3 times before and attended my first smash tournament there actually, which I hope to get into again when I do arrive. If you are into the whole tournament scene, then maybe I'll get to meet you again at some point.

Hope you enjoy your stay here~

Bearlea(f)

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Royal-Bande
3DS FC
1607-3191-7083
Welcome back to Smashboards!

I'm Hokori (Pride), nice to meet you. I've been playing Smash since 64, although I never really got interested in Smash competitively until about a few years into Brawl. Smash 4 will be the first game I'll start competitively right away so I'm looking forward to it. I consider myself to be a pretty good player, I was just never serious enough about the game until recently. I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the community and hearing what others have to share, as being open-minded always makes for good discussion.

Anyways, welcome back again, and I hope that you stick around for good!
I feel I'm in the same place as you! I played a little competitive Brawl, though not nearly as much as others. But I definitely want to jump right into Sm4sh with the mindset of learning to play competitively.

Thanks for your warm welcome!

Welcome back :)

I'm Gatlin/Fatlin/GatGat/etc or simply Travis. I'm pretty terrible at introducing my own self lol; but I like your location. I'll actually be moving to that state really soon. Already visited 3 times before and attended my first smash tournament there actually, which I hope to get into again when I do arrive. If you are into the whole tournament scene, then maybe I'll get to meet you again at some point.

Hope you enjoy your stay here~
Quite the array of names you've got, haha. You seem to be just fine at introductions as far as I can tell! It's interesting that you like my location, considering most people from around here deem it the most bland area they've ever seen. I'm actually from eastern Illinois, but it's only a forty minute drive from Terre Haute (Indiana State). Where at in Indiana did you partake in a tourney here? I'm curious. And what are you moving here for, if I may ask? School? Life? Family? And what area? We may just meet at some point!

Gatlin

Quite the array of names you've got, haha. You seem to be just fine at introductions as far as I can tell! It's interesting that you like my location, considering most people from around here deem it the most bland area they've ever seen. I'm actually from eastern Illinois, but it's only a forty minute drive from Terre Haute (Indiana State). Where at in Indiana did you partake in a tourney here? I'm curious. And what are you moving here for, if I may ask? School? Life? Family? And what area? We may just meet at some point!
It was in an arcade in one of the malls in downtown Indy, I am usually pretty lost there so I have absolutely no idea what the name of the mall is haha :p But it's a huge mall. I'm gonna be moving there for personal/life/etc reasons, just to get away from the desert and try to branch away from my parents. There's someone there more specifically being the reason why, lol. And it's gonna be somewhere near IUPUI/downtown Indianapolis, probably in a 10-minute radius near that area. That would be cool, I'm gonna try to get involved in the growing scene there hopefully soon after arriving :p

Bearlea(f)

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Royal-Bande
3DS FC
1607-3191-7083
It was in an arcade in one of the malls in downtown Indy, I am usually pretty lost there so I have absolutely no idea what the name of the mall is haha :p But it's a huge mall. I'm gonna be moving there for personal/life/etc reasons, just to get away from the desert and try to branch away from my parents. There's someone there more specifically being the reason why, lol. And it's gonna be somewhere near IUPUI/downtown Indianapolis, probably in a 10-minute radius near that area. That would be cool, I'm gonna try to get involved in the growing scene there hopefully soon after arriving :p
I'm curious as to which mall, now. I've only been to a few malls in Indy, as it's an hour and a half drive away from school and two from my home. Castleton Square is a popular mall there, I know that. I actually went to a Pokemon Black/White prerelease event there haha. If they have a tournament scene there, I'm definitely going to have to check it out.

I can respect your want to move for life reasons and a particular one person! q: I cannot blame you. It's funny that you're from AZ and coming here, because I've actually had a few friends from here go to Arizona. Just interesting.

Have you been playing Smash competitively for a long time? And what other games do you play/like?

Gatlin

I'm curious as to which mall, now. I've only been to a few malls in Indy, as it's an hour and a half drive away from school and two from my home. Castleton Square is a popular mall there, I know that. I actually went to a Pokemon Black/White prerelease event there haha. If they have a tournament scene there, I'm definitely going to have to check it out.

I can respect your want to move for life reasons and a particular one person! q: I cannot blame you. It's funny that you're from AZ and coming here, because I've actually had a few friends from here go to Arizona. Just interesting.

Have you been playing Smash competitively for a long time? And what other games do you play/like?
Looks like it was Circle Mall that I went to :p

Haha I'm just tired of the desert more than anything, constant 100+ days with nothing but sun and no clouds during summer gets old really quickly.

And I've definitely not been playing competitively for long, I only started to for Melee back in March. The main game I played competitively before the wifi shutdown was Mario Kart Wii, but now that that's gone and I don't really like MK8, I'm gonna just focus all attention on Smash.

How about you? What games do you like?

Top Bottom