• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Retro Man on a Retro Mission: Mr. Game & Watch Vs. mailanbr's Brawl Challenges

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
Hi, everyone. blind_angel16 here with a question:

Remember mailanbr's five brawl challenges? Some were easy, some weren't? I guess it depended on who you were. You saw people using Ike and other characters with an easy-to-use meteor mash and/or chain grab to fly through the challenges. People picked that up and soon you saw YouTube filled with Ike and Falco taking on the challenges. With all the monotony, the challenges just died, mostly because they seemed too easy, especially for certain characters. What about characters who didn't have a very good meteor mash, or no meteor mash at all?

Well, after doing the Challenges with Ike (old main), I wanted to try it with G&W, my new and permant main. After several attempts, I managed to beat the challenges. It wasn't easy for me at least, but maybe there's a few of you out there who can do it better, faster, stronger fancier? Here are my attempts at mailanbr's Brawl Challenges:

mailanbr's Brawl Challenge #1 (Mr. Game & Watch)
mailanbr's Brawl Challenge #2 (Mr. Game & Watch)
mailanbr's Brawl Challenge #3 (Mr. Game & Watch)
mailanbr's Brawl Challenge #4 (Mr. Game & Watch)
mailanbr's Brawl Challenge #5 (Mr. Game & Watch)

So here's my challenge for my fellow G&W mains out there. Try these challenges and see if you can do a better job than I can (most likely, lol) and post them on YouTube. Let's get G&W out there and show people we won't be stopped by a challenge, no matter how old and conquered it may seem. Let's represent G&W and get more G&W videos out there. As G&W was a man brought back from the past, let's bring back this old challenge and show it's not over yet.

TL;DR version: Try to do mailanbr's Brawl Challenges with Mr. Game & Watch, then post your results here.

P.S.: Hylian, I understand if you decide to close this thread. I could've put it in the G&W video thread, or even out of the G&W threads entirely, but I thought it deserves its own thread within the G&W threads because it's about G&W only, and it's about a specific kind of video. If you still play G&W, I hope you'll try this out, too.

P.P.S.: Can't send videos to YouTube? No replay-recording devices handy? No problem! Here's what you do:

1. Go to this thread.
2. Follow the instructions.
3. ???? Post videos on YouTube.
4. PROFIT! Actually, yes. PROFIT!

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
You hit Snake while the mansion was up, and on the fifth challenge when the CPU died the second time his % was higher than yours.
Challenge #4: The rules say as long as Snake doesn't take damage before Luigi's Mansion is destroyed the first time, it's fine, and it doesn't say you can't give Snake damage after Luigi's Mansion revives a second time.

Challenge #5: The rules say "If you get a KO while your % is lower than your opponents, then it doesn't count." It doesn't specify whether this counts the final damage after the KOing strike or not. I'm assuming this means the damage before making the KO, which I did every time:

1st KO: Me - 59%; CPU - 32%
2nd KO: Me - 75%; CPU - 70%
3rd KO: Me - 84%; CPU - 82%
4rd KO: Me - 126%; CPU - 102%
5th KO: Me - 139%; CPU - 57%

If someone could contact mailanbr and ask him about Challenge #5, I'd really appreciate it. If someone can prove me wrong, then I'll redo Challenge #5. :)

Triforce of Chozo, if you've already done these Challenges, could you post them here? I'm sure you do a much better job at these than I do. I'll post the link to a thread that records replays for people in case they can't on the OP. It's how I got my replays.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I'd never even heard of these challenges before today. I can try them when I get back to my apartment tomorrow, but I make no guarantees as to the quality of my play.

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
I'd never even heard of these challenges before today. I can try them when I get back to my apartment tomorrow, but I make no guarantees as to the quality of my play.
Really? Maybe they're Hipster Challenges? :p

Anyway, don't worry about the quality. I haven't been in tournaments - you (most likely) have; therefore, I'm sure you'll do a much better job at these than I did. Granted they're CPUs, but CPUs are can be easier than actual people, so you should have no problem.

Also, I added the link to the replay-recording thread in the OP. I didn't know if you were able to record your replays, so I thought I'd let you know. :)

Top Bottom