• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A recent article regarding Sakurai and the competitive scene

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'm suggesting that no one stress out about this as I am certain they are describing taunt parties. Before I gave up online Brawl completely a few years ago they were just starting to emerge and they are the worst! Just look up Brawl taunt party on YouTube. I didn't even know that's what they were called and just typed it in and found they were bigger than I imagined.

He is not talking about competitive play or defensive play at all. Taunt parties have completely ruined random online. Not that it was amazing to begin with but just check it out. If you just so happen to be the uncool kid crashing the party it is just the worst. Everyone stands in a corner somewhere and literally taunts until the time runs out. If you attack one they all come after you and usually kill themselves to balance the score. For someone who has dealt with this first hand it really does ruin the experience and it sounds like today it is the most abundant thing to find in random online.

Look it up, reread the article or reread it elsewhere where the writer doesn't jump to conclusions like I first did yesterday. Then get on YouTube and look up taunt parties. There is like an 8 minute documentary on them. It's horrible and needs to be whipped out. Either that or a special. Mode dedicated to that silliness.

Here is one. This is plaguing random online right now. Every now and then one guy comes in to try and beat them all up.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=NJuDxCgH6CM

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
>Team Battle

I've never found taunt parties there.

I do love Taunt Parties though. Sometimes you just wanna take a break from fighting and just sit there and chill with the other people. :I

I see what you mean though, it really IS plaguing Basic Brawl. Almost everything I join is a taunt party, and I don't usually find people who actually fight each other. (And not gang of course..) The only way to fix this is adding a ranked system

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Well we all seem to agree on the ranking system, so I certainly hope there's a way to implement that into SSB4, and that if there is, HE agrees it'd be good.

Top Bottom