• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A question about stages.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Ohai. I'm thinking about maining DK. I was wondering about what stages he is good on.. what I should stay away from. what not. Especially stages for character specific situations.

I.. Don't know how often these boards are used.. but.. w.e

Thanks in advance

Stevo

Smash Champion
I find it is more useful to counter pick a stage their character is BAD on(or less good on), rather than where DK is good.

However, I would not recommend maining DK, as he gets progressively worse as a character choice as time goes on, and I believe, will continue to do so.

:( :( :(

TheGoat

Smash Ace
However, I would not recommend maining DK, as he gets progressively worse as a character choice as time goes on, and I believe, will continue to do so.

:( :( :(
Can you explain?

@1Kason1, yea if you want go for it, but if you are going to MAIN dk you aren't going to be getting very far in tournaments unless you are like godly or something. FD is pretty good against spacies because you can just uthrow and upair all day. and what happened to falco LOL

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Can you explain?

@1Kason1, yea if you want go for it, but if you are going to MAIN dk you aren't going to be getting very far in tournaments unless you are like godly or something. FD is pretty good against spacies because you can just uthrow and upair all day. and what happened to falco LOL
Oh yeah I deffinately still main falco.
DK is just fun, and I will use him against people I think I might have a chance against until they beat my scrubby DK and then I switch to falco and do gey things and shoot gun.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Final D is overall probably your best stage, and as such, I haven't been to a tournament in well over a year that my opponents didn't ban Final D. My favorite stage personally is Pokemon Stadium because if you know what to do, you can combo almost as effectively as you can on final d. What's even more, you can potentially combo characters that you normally wouldn't be able to because of the platforms helping you out, like against sheik for example. It just kinda sucks when the stage changes..

Yoshi's isn't TOO bad, but the highest characters in the tier list do well there, so I wouldn't personally reccommend it. It might be ok against someone like Jiggs though for obvious reasons..

Battlefield, I can once in a great while still pull off a 0-death here, but it's completely dependent on your opponents DI. I also don't like that it's hard to ledge tech here, i usually ban this stage.

FoD. I don't like this one either...It's not TOO bad because you can up b through the platforms and you can easily ledge tech here and giant punch kills pretty early here, but overall I wouldn't ever take anyone here.

Dreamland, I like this stage. I counterpick here sometimes. DK survives for stupid long here. I can usually survive to almost 200% here. Your opponents survive longer here too, but i'm pretty good at edgeguarding, so I like the trade-off. It kinda sucks against campy opponents, but if someone camps you, just keep charging and releasing your giant punch constantly.

Kongo Jungle 64. I don't really like this stage...You can do some pretty cool stuff here and survive a long time, but idk...i personally just don't like it. No ledge teching and the curved stage are kinda lame...

Brinstar. This stage is pretty good against like...a falco or something, and is overall a not too bad stage...Bum used to love counterpicking people here. I've done it a few times, but it's generally not one of my first choices. Giant punch ***** here though

Stevo

Smash Champion
Oh yeah I deffinately still main falco.
DK is just fun, and I will use him against people I think I might have a chance against until they beat my scrubby DK and then I switch to falco and do gey things and shoot gun.
that isnt really "maining" DK

but I get what you are getting at.

DK is the best character for friendlies

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
that isnt really "maining" DK

but I get what you are getting at.

DK is the best character for friendlies
Yeah I didn't really mean maining. Not really secondary neither. As Falcon is my secondary.
More so like a lowish tier main.

And thanks a lot mexican =D thats a lot of really helpful information.

Top Bottom