• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A proposition for Ganons new cape

CORY

wut
BRoomer
not needed and it wouldn't mesh with his kit very well.

also, not canonical (afaik), and i believe they're trying to help ganon be more canon in his moveset, little by little.

but, most important, we'd lose our jab reset D : can't have that!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I'd prefer it being able to reflect as good as Mario's cape aka: have more active reflect frames and/or a bigger reflect box.

So it would be easier to reflect projectiles, especially the quick "spammy" ones.

Turn around isn't needed imo.
But if they do keep the tight reflect hitbox I would suggest that reflected projectiles are reflected back at double the speed, KO power and damage. So projectile spam against Ganon would not be too safe.

So even if we are getting pummeled by Falco lasers and were able to reflect 2 out of 10 lasers the Flaco player would still have received damage equal to 4 lasers and with the increase speed and knockback at high damage he would be moved back more and might put himself in a bad spot.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
how about we take away marios cape turnaround instead so that people can recover :|

Edit: Also, I believe that projectiles are currently reflected at double speed by Ganon's neutral-b, though with normal damage/knockback.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, my real gripe with the reflect is how unintuitive it feels. in the games i'm pretty sure it was his backhand that did the reflecting, not him throwing the cape in front of him. it makes it feel weird and unsatisfying to try and reflect until you realize that it's him throwing his cape up : /

Top Bottom