• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A possible return for the Tactical Mercenary?

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
Greetings Smashers. Just thought I would return to this forum for yet another excursion regarding my dedicated main, Snake. Now, I'm sure you're all aware that the advent of Smash 4 merely hails to be less than a year or so away, so I suppose I'll distribute one of my concerns, and publicize it for discussion, for I would love to hear your opinion(s).

There has already been quite a bit of newcomers revealed for this upcoming title, and so far, it hails to be very promising. Though, I am one of the very few in my general area that is actually concerned for the most likely disaffiliation of Snake to the smash roster. It has come to my attention that the chances of his return are practically nonexistent based on what I've witnessed so far, however I can't help but maintain arrogance regarding the manner. You could say I've somewhat accepted that Snake won't be able to make a return, however at the same time, I constantly try to pin-point possibilities, and loop-holes, for I hold high hopes that Sakurai actually considers his return.

The tenth anniversary of The Twin Snakes is nearing, not to mention Sakurai implied that he intended to include more classical characters to the roster this year. The first Metal Gear title was for the NES-platform, and has hailed to be an unforgettable classic, so why not? Sakurai already implied that a majority of the Brawl roster was returning, so why not Snake?

What do you think?

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
I really want him to return but I'm not sure. If the majority of the roster, not all of it, is returning- look at who we have now: Sonic and FREAKING LUCARIO are sticking around . LUCARIO. Really? At this point, even though I dislike it , I think chances are that Snake and ROB won't make it.

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
I really want him to return but I'm not sure. If the majority of the roster, not all of it, is returning- look at who we have now: Sonic and FREAKING LUCARIO are sticking around . LUCARIO. Really? At this point, even though I dislike it , I think chances are that Snake and ROB won't make it.
To be quite honest, I didn't really care for Sonic's return either. I'm sure it was...Anticipated from the start, though it didn't really phase me. The mere fact that Lucario returned puzzled me. There are so many other Pokemon in deserving of that roster spot. [ And by many others, I'm mostly referring to Mewtwo. ].

As I said, I've mostly accepted that he won't return, though I can't help but maintain hope. Even if he doesn't return, I suppose I'll still pop in Brawl every now and then. As pathetic as it sounds, I've grown too attached to my main just to abandon him on the spot.

Jackson

Smash Lord
To be quite honest, I didn't really care for Sonic's return either. I'm sure it was...Anticipated from the start, though it didn't really phase me. The mere fact that Lucario returned puzzled me. There are so many other Pokemon in deserving of that roster spot. [ And by many others, I'm mostly referring to Mewtwo. ].

As I said, I've mostly accepted that he won't return, though I can't help but maintain hope. Even if he doesn't return, I suppose I'll still pop in Brawl every now and then. As pathetic as it sounds, I've grown too attached to my main just to abandon him on the spot.
It's not pathetic! Snake is awesome haha. But seriously I agree, why us LUCARIO there when we are way past his time? I assumed the only reason he was in brawl was to hype the new pokemon release.

Top Bottom