• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Philosophy Towards Balance

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I really like that a thread started about just balance issues turns into another "Nerf Fox" vs "Because Melee" argument.

I enjoy the PMBR's stance on character development. I would think it would be much easier to make a fun, sub-par character better than to make a great but boring character more exciting. Simple hitbox/knockback data is a more stable and easier to change variable than entire play styles.

On fox: Instead of nerfing his up smash and uair, maybe just make Uair easier to SDI out of. that way his kill potential is technically nerfed, the responsibility of not dying is placed on the other player. I feel like it would be better not hinder fox players just because they play fox, and instead introduce more options for other characters and players to deal with fox by their own skill.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I don't think the PMBR has COMPLETELY ruled out balance as a priority, since they do make changes to characters.

And the problem isn't Fox and if he should be nerfed, the problem is we can have no alternatives. No other character is ever allowed to surpass him. And if they do, they receive changes to keep them in check. Ike and Lucario are the closest we ever got.

I know numerous PMBR members will deny this, but you ask me, the PMBR is purposely keeping Fox in top tier, and I understand why. It's much easier to deal with something we've had a decade of matchup experience with versus a completely new character.

It's pretty much just one of those things that I've just learn to deal with. Top tiers don't really ruin P:M as much as they can in other Smash games.

Top Bottom