• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A paper on smash

TIPS

Smash Rookie
For my comp class I need to write a paper on a process I know well. I decided I want to write i on smash bros. If anyone has any ideas of what I could put in this paper I would greatly appreciate the help

*thanks*

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Well, you could put how it completely changed the face of 2D fighting games over the years, and how people have found ways of breaking the games limits with their skills to suit their needs.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
How about about the tournament scene? You could talk about on how people across the world has hosted huge tournaments (OC2, MLG etc.) which have attracted out of state smashers.

TIPS

Smash Rookie
I will defently put both of those suggestions in my paper. Thanks much.

As for everyone else keep those ideas coming!!!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Yeah... Smash has had no real impact on 2D gaming. 2D fighter tournaments have been around in larger numbers than we ever get for longer than Smash has been out.

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, I think that the tournament metagame is probably the most expansive thing you could talk about. Talk to people from the MBR; many of them have been in the tournament scene since the beginning and can provide some insightful information.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Post the paper here after you're done. I wanna read it.

Some things like who started the first advanced stuff too. Like Ronek invented wavedashing right?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I would include something about how it has affected you personally as well. (Social skills, hand-eye coordination, setting priorities, blah blah blah)

greenblob

Smash Lord
You can find a lot of ideas from sirlin.net's articles, particularly his "Playing to Wi" articles. I actually used his analogy of rock-paper-scissors in one of my papers (without mentioning gaming though).

But I wouldn't recommend writing a paper on Smash. Teachers wouldn't take it seriously. They'll stop listening after even a Lord of the Rings reference.

TIPS

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the ideas. i will be posting the paper later today or tomorrow when im finshed with it. So check back and let me know what you think.

pdk

Smash Lord
just so long as you didn't opt to write on how it "changed" the 2d fighting scene i'll be happy

Lightshade

Smash Ace
The reason behind that is mainly because the levels actually have an effect on gameplay. Unlike in street fighter, the levels aren't all the same (No offense to street fighter, I love that game as well). Why not write about it? It could captivate non-players into getting them to try out the game.

Tera253

Smash Ace
heck, Tera made a website about Smash Bros, where she explained the entire concept of the game, and specifically wnet into Falco and Pikachu, since those were Tera's mains.
~Tera253~

videokilledtheradiostar

Smash Journeyman
i wrote a paper and a speech about smash earlier this year, and it turned out well.
Mine was mostly an overview of the whole game though.

pdk

Smash Lord
heck, Tera made a website about Smash Bros, where she explained the entire concept of the game, and specifically wnet into Falco and Pikachu, since those were Tera's mains.
~Tera253~
bob dole would like to remind tera that bob dole has a patent on speaking about oneself in the third person without pronouns, and bob dole has a special method of enforcing this patent:

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
I'm teaching a class called "Smash 101" in the basement of my hall tomorrow night hahaha. The homework: don't get four-stocked by my Fox.

Top Bottom