• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Revolution in xtreme yoshi playing

YoshiBro002

Smash Rookie
Hey all you yoshi heads! me and my friends are pretty new to smashboards, but definately not to SSBM. We have been playing since it came out pretty much, but just recently decided to start actually posting and showcasing our leet skills. Check out our video and let us know what you think! feedback is appreciated!!

All About Yoshi: A Yoshi Combo Video - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104681

Bloshi

Smash Ace
This is a great first video, and considering I've never ever heard of you people I was pleasantly surprised. The only thing I had against the video was the crappy players you guys were fighting, however you still comboed them, meaning you guys know your character really well. This is half the battle. GJ.

YoshiBro01

Smash Rookie
First, I want to thank you guys for complimenting us, but just have to address this quickly. I don't mean to offend or dissuade others from commenting though.

The only thing I had against the video was the crappy players you guys were fighting, however you still comboed them, meaning you guys know your character really well. This is half the battle. GJ.
I like how you say that the we were good, but our opponents were pretty terrible. Most of the people being combod were the same people featured in another part of the video, so I'm confused on how we can be good on minute then crappy the next minute when it's the next bro's highlights.

Not to sound overly defensive or anything, but it is a combo vid, so we did take some lucky stuff that happened, whether it was momentary poor DI on one of our parts, a bad decision in recovery that got owned, but rest assured that we do know how to play this game quite well.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think he means that you guys have worked a lot more on your offensive game than your defense. As a combo video, obviously you guys are going to rely on things like people missing their DI and stuff, but unless I'm mistaken you guys still need to work on getting those defensive tech skills down.

I was really impressed by your combos and stuff, which is always the first thing you are impressed by with up and coming players. The next point is the DI and stuff, and managing to still combo people during DI.

My initial comments are in the other thread.

Top Bottom