• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Place To Upload Videos

0r30

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I didn't know where else to put it.

I've seen a lot of videos on Youtube recently, usually of varying quality. I have over the past month started posting all my gaming videos to a site called WeGame.com. In my opinion, they seem to provide an all-around good video quality while still managing to stream at a steady pace. Just to compare, here is a video of me and a friend screwing around. The first link is the video on Youtube, while the second link is the same video as seen on WeGame.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oSMCiUWtS4k

http://www.wegame.com/watch/SSBB_Oreo_Fox_vs_Cat_Pancakes_Marth/

I'm not entirely sure how much the community cares about video quality, but I figured I'd help out any way I can.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
personally i like the wegame site... looks like better quality. But too bad not enough brawl videos up on that site. Evidently no one uses it. If my friends and i start doing videos.. i wouldn't mind getting a few of ours up on wegame.

mthegreatone

Smash Cadet
sorry just feel like putting it out there, but teach your friend to do slight tilts. i noticed mainly he was doing full-on tilt smashes which left him wide open on many occasions

lol i'm not in a position to give advice though seeing how i'm a n00b though :p

anyway yeah video on wegame looks good. youtube is supposedly going to allow high quality vids soon though.

0r30

Smash Rookie
I'm lucky that he's getting good at all. We're both primarily PC gamers. I keep my horizons open, and a lot of my friends played Melee, so I got into it. This guy hasn't played console games in maybe 3 years. SO I have a lot of patience with him, and at first let him get a few hits on me here and there. But he quickly learned, and now the only advantage I give him is not using some certain characters against him.

0r30

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it's good stuff. I'm surprised that they can make it look so good and keep it streaming.

Have91

Smash Rookie
You can pretty much stream any video quality as long as your and the websites bandwidth can handle it.

0r30

Smash Rookie
True. However, with these video sites, they only have so many servers to stream a huge amount of videos to an ample amount of users simultaneously. That can be a bit difficult bandwidth wise, which is why this site surprises me with how far they go.

0r30

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to get this stickied? I'm sorry if it's not my place to ask. Just figured it would be nice for more people to see it, just so they know.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
The one problem with WeGame is that not as many people have heard about it, and I doubt that a large portion of the Smash community ever visits it. I'll probably be uploading to both YouTube and WeGame, but as much as I hate how long it takes for YouTube to process videos, you definitely get more comments on your videos from people who just randomly trip over them using the search function.

SD14

Smash Cadet
i think ppl should start putting more vids on wegame so i can watch them while at school cuase i cant install flash at school

0r30

Smash Rookie
While it's true that Youtube gets more exposure, I always include a link to the WeGame version in my Youtube video description. I like offering a higher definition. Also, it would be cool to at least try to build a community of SSB videos on WeGame.

Wait, you're DeliciousCake? Heh, I already left a comment on one of your videos and your wall before you posted in this thread. :p

And I didn't learn anything in school either.

Top Bottom