• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Lucas Matchup Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I have been tired of waiting for someone to initiate this thread and have decided to take action myself...

If any of the major Lucas players want to take over this thread that would be fine.

This will be a discussion thread on Lucas match-ups. I hope that this will work. So if anyone wants a specific MU order or MU to go first just leave a post. But for right now we will start with Marth.

Start discussing!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about that: I had to go to sleep soon because of school and because at that time I had the balls to start this:

OK so no I'm going to figurer out the formatting for the thread

So the template:

Quick Tips:
Magnetable Projectiles?
Safety Level of magnet?
Percent to D-air to D-tilt lock?
Other quick tips

General Matchup:
How to fight them

Stages: (Help with Ono)

Videos:

Frame Data:

The Order:
Marth
Meta-Knight
G&W
Snake
Wario
Cont. with tier list order afterwards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess that since I don't have the first three post reserved we can do Match-Up exports kinda like the G&W boards

If that will be the case then this can be a directory for the exports and the MU ratios

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
If we're going to start a new thread, we should organize it as best as we could. Kind of like the stage discussion thread. If we just start discussing it will make everything very unorganized and hard to keep track of. So like a schedule or something would probably be a good idea!

lil cj

Smash Lord
This is set up wrong.
The OP needs to already have the list of characters and we go in order.
Also, you need at least 3 open post.
You just cant say lets discuss without having things organized :/

Edit: one last thing, when discussing a matchup you have to notify the
character main on their board so they can join the discussion too. If not, were not
getting all the details about the character. Its better to hear from an actual user
of the character than to just discuss them among ourselves. Then we can see from boths sides
of the equation and figure out a proper MU ratio

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we can just make this the separate discussion for Marth, then RocketPSIence can just make another thread for the finished match-ups.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Maybe we can just make this the separate discussion for Marth, then RocketPSIence can just make another thread for the finished match-ups.

Only on Marth?
This has been done so many times(before many of the new Lucas mains came here), when we just discussed Lucas' bad matchups and nothing was ever figured out.

Actually I can pull up a dead thread made months ago of a discussion.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212013

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
But for right now we will start with Marth.

Start discussing!
He said we're starting with Marth. I think we should start on G&W. I know it's in your matchup thread lil cj, but there's been some people saying it's neutral (such as Tyr_03) and some saying it's not.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Agreed
I was just saying that it should just be one official matchup thread
and it should be more organized like the other character boards.

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
agreed with cj
This could become a cluster **** of characters and matchups, so we should just make a new official match up thread, with a schedule for discussion on every character, etc

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
ok... updated the first post since I have time

So I'm guessing that I'll contact the Marth boards about the new thread right now?

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
Err...well you might wanna reserve some posts in case. Maybe you should just create a new thread altogether.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
alright: I'll just... erm... make a new one and ask one of the moderators to get rid of this one?

Ono

Smash Cadet
I thought it would be nice if we could get some counterpicking discussion going in this thread. I wanted to do it after we finish stages, but since we're making a new matchup thread, I thought it would make it much easier. I asked RocketPSIence and he said it was fine. Do you guys think it'll be too much material to discuss? Or is it fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom