• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new CG spike viable?

Depster

Smash Champion
You can pivot and dash grab to get Wario to the ledge, and I've been able to spike in training mode by short hopping a Fair on release, but I don't know if it works on humans as of yet. Viable? Discuss

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You can pivot and dash grab to get Wario to the ledge, and I've been able to spike in training mode by short hopping a Fair on release, but I don't know if it works on humans as of yet. Viable? Discuss
Probably stage dependant. Wario might be able to DI toward the stage and tech, or meteor cancel.

Also factor in "situational", but something to try if you get the chance. You could always pummel until he's in kill percentage.

bigman40

Smash Master
It takes 51 frames before Wario regains control. We get control on frame 30. So we have a total of about 21-25 frames to react. I don't know of any invincible moves, so I'll list the only moves that he can possibly get out with.

Jump is on 1 frame
Airdodge is on 4 frames

For us to jump (7) and Fair (19 from the back aka beginning), that would take a total of 26 frames. This is dodgeable, and won't be successful at all. thx for trying though. :)

.....Zuzuzu......

SOVAman

Smash Hero
It takes 51 frames before Wario regains control. We get control on frame 30. So we have a total of about 21-25 frames to react. I don't know of any invincible moves, so I'll list the only moves that he can possibly get out with.

Jump is on 1 frame
Airdodge is on 4 frames

For us to jump (7) and Fair (19 from the back aka beginning), that would take a total of 26 frames. This is dodgeable, and won't be successful at all. thx for trying though. :)

.....Zuzuzu......
facts are win

but if it works on the wario you are doing it on and there to stupid to get out keep doing it LOL

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm wondering now if Dair would be possible out of this. I've checked the frame data and Dair has 15 frames of start up, so it starts on 16. 7 frames to jump, so it's 23. If he airdodges you'll hit. If you get above him with the dair and he jumps you can still get him, but I'm not sure if you can do this with a SH or a Full Jump. I just looked at it in training mode by myself and it looks like Wario can't jump until he's about inline with Yoshi's head, which a SH Dair will reach over. I don't have any human to test this on, however. =/

Shiri

Smash Chump

Jump is on 1 frame
Airdodge is on 4 frames

.....Zuzuzu......
:yoshi: Good f*cking sh*t, this is why I love dealing with raw statistics--there's always a yes or no.

facts are win

but if it works on the wario you are doing it on and there to stupid to get out keep doing it LOL
Lil' B always gives the best advice. DO IT. If they eventually learn how to get out, you know they'll at least be afraid enough to react a certain way. If you can somehow condition this reaction and respond to it by spiking in a different fashion, you might have a bona fide scare tactic on your hands. Wow, I went off on a tangent, there, but yeah. Do it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Scat, otherwise known as the dream breaker, feeds you facts.

Depster

Smash Champion
I think the only way to get out would be airdodging, and most warios like to jump out of it, so it would work the first couple times I think =0 And it really would have to scare them because then they're dead at 60ish or so instead of 130 or whatever the fsmash kills at.

Y05H!

Smash Cadet

Jump is on 1 frame
Airdodge is on 4 frames

.....Zuzuzu......
Hi everyone, new to Smash forums, been playing since 64. Forgive my n00bishness as I'm not familiar with the lingo yall use here. What do you mean by fair? And how do you know exactly how many frames each move us? I'm assuming theres a master chart somewhere.

bigman40

Smash Master
Scat, otherwise known as the dream breaker, feeds you facts.
Sry, but I'm not gonna tell you that it's guaranteed when it's not. There's a **** ton of stuff that Yoshi dream breaks. Get over the fact it's not guaranteed and find ways to make it work at least.

:yoshi: Good f*cking sh*t, this is why I love dealing with raw statistics--there's always a yes or no.
I do what I do. I also know a decent amount of combos Yoshi has that are guaranteed.

Hi everyone, new to Smash forums, been playing since 64. Forgive my n00bishness as I'm not familiar with the lingo yall use here. What do you mean by fair? And how do you know exactly how many frames each move us? I'm assuming theres a master chart somewhere.
Fair = Forward Air. You can apply this to other moves too.

Top Bottom