• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Mewtwo player

Maluigi

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I am (sadly enough) a newb. *sigh* But I would really like to know how to become pro with Mewtwo. Is there any Mewtwo players that could give me any heads on advice. Something straight from the source would really help me indeed.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Have you read all of the M2 guides yet? I suggest reading all of those, and reading a whole bunch of the various threads in the M2 section. Aside from that, I recommend looking for and watching as many M2 videos as possible to see what other players do. There is an excellent thread in the Mewtwo section with videos. Once you have done this, then it is the time to ask for help with specifics.

One other piece of advice: Play as many matches you can with as many different people and characters as possible. Go to every tournament you can go to and enter. Regardless of how small your chances of winning are, enter anyway. You will play against players of all levels of skill and slowly learn the game. The best tool any player can have is experience.

Maluigi

Smash Rookie
Well here is the thing though, I highly doubt there is a tourny anywhere in the State of Georgia. I will try and find out what I can about tournies but I don't think I will find anything. About the videos, I am on it right now :D

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Well here is the thing though, I highly doubt there is a tourny anywhere in the State of Georgia. I will try and find out what I can about tournies but I don't think I will find anything. About the videos, I am on it right now :D
Well, mebbe in some areas. Atlanta has stuff going on all of the time. I dont have any threads for that, but if you are in the area - once the school year starts up...

And FullMetal is holding smashfests as well.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=108849

I know for a fact that GPC and GT/GSU have plenty going on.

Just last weekend there was a major tournament in fact - a farewell of the current top smasher :p.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Check the tourneys/states in Smashboards. First page, look for Tourneys.

I've heard Chaddd, GAwes, and Mike G have something to do with Georgia...

PDRK

Smash Rookie
what you can try first is Be best friends on getting comfortable with your recovery (teleport) then go from there.

slave1

Smash Lord
I would sugest watching TAJ shadow claw. study it.
also learn:
Teleporting
wave dashing (i find it more often that not that mewtwos rolls kill him.)
grabbing and shield grabbing.
not to use his smash attacks until absolutly nessisary (two much recoil involved)
airiel fighting. try to work two to three attacks in with both of your jumps

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
Hey!
It's really nice to see that more people are picking up mewtwo. I'm happy that you want to become good with him. In general, I would have to second most of the things that the others have already said. Particularly, dguy said it best: the best tool is experience.
As for finding tournaments, Georgia isn't a terribly hard place to find a tournament in. I'm from South Carolina, and I've had to go to Georgia for a few tourneys, just because SC has NONE ~_~

In any case, I wish you the best of luck getting better with mewtwo, and I hope to get to play you one day.

crazzydrummerpyro

Smash Cadet
M2 is probley the hardest dude to be son
the best thing to do is pratice and watch the shadow claw video
also M2 is rated the worst guy so its going to be hard for you

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
learn to DJC all your aerials. its too good. and build a shrine to Taj in your parents closet. Then maybe one day you will be a decent mewtwo.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
i live really close to Georgia, you just missed a tourny that was on the 5th in georgia in columbus, and there will be one on like the 20th in atlanta (atlanta one is gonna be bad).

Trust me there are a lot of tournies in Georgia, and the surrounding states.

Top Bottom