• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A little something about Dair

kamakun

Smash Cadet
When you use dair and it hits the ground, it has a shockwave effect and pushes enemies away from you and damages them a little (It doesn't stop what they're doing, just like Fludd) It also works on people RIGHT below you (Land on a platform)

It's just an OK thing I found, not too great, but it's helped before, and even gave me a free smash one time

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I believe most people know this, I even made a thread to discuss how kirby's inhale has a similar effect(opposite direction, as it's suction) and used G&W uair and TLink's dair as examples.

justexisting

Smash Rookie
i'm sure you're right that most people know this, but i only knew about the through platforms part. This could be because i've only been playing 1v1 though, and hit fairly consistently with the Dair

i'll remember that though thx

Silfalas

Smash Rookie
Yeah it can push people off the platform if they are on the edge.
If you short hop and you see the other shield up, down air quickly besides him to push him. Then wait him to recover and make use of TL's edge guarding game.
Not something you should always try but... you know.

Top Bottom