• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a little idea to solve the "with anyone" lag

DiegoBlanc

Smash Rookie
ok, first of all, im sorry for my crappy english

ok, THIS is my idea...commonly, the wi fi service can stand fights up to 3 players without lag right? (or at least, it doesnt have tons of lag) and commonly, when fourth player join a fight is when the real lag starts.

so, maybe the smash community can make a pact....something like "if you see you are the fourth player joining a "with anyone" match, leave the fight BEFORE it begins"

i mean, thats something the will help us all right? and i ratter prefer to wait 60 extra seconds to start the fight, than play a laggy one

yet again, sorry for my english.

what do you think?

thylanter

Smash Rookie
What do I think? I think you'll be lucky if 0.001% of the people that go on "With Anyone" even view this thread.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
If you leave a match it looks for someone else who wants to play so you are only hurting yourself by leaving the game

DiegoBlanc

Smash Rookie
That sounds like a good idea, but there's one flaw in it that's crucial. There's really no way to know if you're the fourth person or not. Unless I'm missing something, I'm pretty sure this is impossible.

By the way, your English is fine. :)
thanks n.n

there IS a way to know if you are the fourth player...look at my draw n.nU

ok, when you are waiting for oponents, there are 3 grey squares where the oponents appear as they find you, right? so, if you dont have oponents, and suddendly you have 3, then YOU are the fourth player

If you leave a match it looks for someone else who wants to play so you are only hurting yourself by leaving the game
noup, because if the system cant found a fourth player in 60 seconds, the match begins with 3

Top Bottom