• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A little help with C Falcon

-jones-

Smash Rookie
ok so my friend plays a sick Falcon
fast.....
shuffles everything!!!!.....
i always seemed to be getting combo'd ending with that dasterdly knee
and he always edge guards the **** out of me

and of course, me not actually owning smash for myself i dont have much time to like practice and i only play with him pretty much.

ive been playing for a while and know the game very well but i havent given it enough time to develope my shuffling and wave dashing skills; so im stuck with a slower ganondorf, with not so great L canceling, and other technical stuff.

i know he is also very easy to edgehog, but is there any adivce or combos i can get on how to defeat him.

much appreciated
-jones-

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Work on that L-canceling ... that will be your savior if combined with well timed air attacks. Being able to Tech those combos off of walls and the ground is crucial to escaping the chain. If I miss a tech.. my friends capt just give me all kinds of hell.
Learn to do the recovery from far out: jump, down B, jump, up B
That can get you a good distance quickly.

If you need anything else.. check out videos.. watch and mimic. Thats what helped me.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
honestly just ask him one day if you can practice your stuff one day or borrow the game. I know how you feel about not being able to practice at your own house. Having a slow ganon isnt bad, just make sure you get your teching and l-canceling down. tipman spiking a CF is easy and fair should out prioritize most of his air game and yes, work on the recovery method.

-jones-

Smash Rookie
thanks guys
but what im really looking for is some combos that i can work on

i heard that capt falcon is easy to combo because of his fast falling, but every time i try to string some moves together it alwasy seems to end with him teching and me getting grabbed then knee'd or getting hit by his over b attack.

some actual move by move combos and at what percentage to use them would seriously help out.
thanks

Top Bottom