• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Little Dissapointed...

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if theres already a thread on this... but was anyone a little disappointed that Bowser Jr. was in the clown car?

Now don't get me wrong- I really love fighting in it- and I like the moveset, and it brings diversity to the roster.

But Ever Since I got Super Mario Sunshine I really hoped that Bowser Jr was on his feet...
It makes me want Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings to be different characters completely.

Anyone else feel like this?

Last edited:

Cr33p3rfreex

Smash Rookie
I was somewhat disappointed with it, I really wanted him running around using his paintbrush in battle. But this Bowser Jr. is still really neat in my opinion!

MisterVisceral

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistervisceral
3DS FC
3153-4184-3244
I agree with Cr33p. I was really put off with it when I saw it and I thought it was the ugliest thing ever. But now that I've gotten used to it (he's my main, so yeah), it really makes him unique.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
I agree with Cr33p. I was really put off with it when I saw it and I thought it was the ugliest thing ever. But now that I've gotten used to it (he's my main, so yeah), it really makes him unique.
basically this.
i have a bit of a beef with some of the tools he has, but it pleases Sakurai's uniqueness fetish, so whatever

D

Deleted member

I'm not.
When I saw the leak, I was a bit intrigued by how they incorporated the Junior Clown Car in his moveset. Seeing the leaked footage myself, he looked incredible when I first saw him. Actually playing as him, he has some nice spacing gameplay and they were very creative with what they could do with the Clown Car.
I did originally think that he could walk on his feet and have a paint moveset... maybe another character could have something like this in the future?
Still, I am pleased with how Bowser Jr. came out. He is a lot better than I expected.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The only reason I even care about Bowser Jr is because of the Clown Car. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I am quite sad that Bowser Jr. has become nothing more than a lazy bum who has to rely on machinery to clobber his enemies. Imagine what he could've done with the magic paintbrush.

I even mentioned at one point that the paintbrush could've had a graffiti element, where whenever Bowser Jr. attacks with the paintbrush, it would briefly leave behind damaging graffiti on the opponent.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
I love it since it's like a little mech. And I love fighting in mechs. Win-win.

Wouldn't have cared about his character otherwise tbh.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I didn't know Bowser Jr. would be in, and I didn't know what to expect. Given how fun his playstyle is, I'm certainly fine with it.

Sakelig

Smash Rookie
I am quite sad that Bowser Jr. has become nothing more than a lazy bum who has to rely on machinery to clobber his enemies. Imagine what he could've done with the magic paintbrush.

I even mentioned at one point that the paintbrush could've had a graffiti element, where whenever Bowser Jr. attacks with the paintbrush, it would briefly leave behind damaging graffiti on the opponent.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
btw did anyone notice that there's absolutely no buttons in the clown car? HE'S MIND CONTROLLING THE CLOWN CAR

Burruni

Smash Hero
I had a tentative moveset of Bowser Jr. being a semi-clone with a completely different side and up special, alongside varied smashes, dash attack, aerials, etc.

The Junior Copter moveset is more true to how he has been used since the Wii onwards for the main series games, and is my favorite newcomer to consistently play as. I expected something different for Junior, and I'm more upset about him sharing the slot with the 7 koopalings than I am about the actual usage (I have a personal issue against those 7, don't mind me).

King Donkey Kong

Banned via Warnings
Paintbrush moveset would have been cool.

Clown Car is awesome, and with it we can use any Koopaling.

Worth.

Rynhardt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rynhardt
3DS FC
3437-3326-8257

Uhh... hasn't he always sort of used technology? This is nothing new to him.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I like the Clown Car, but not how it is handled.
I would be satisfied with just one move where he did something himself, like breathing fire or even throwing a Bob-Omb.
The Clown Car Weapons are nice, but it would be nice if it also served as a protection while BJ throws fire, shells and bombs.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I agree that he is a really good character, and he is one of my mains.

It does add diversity to the roster but...

I still like him running with no clown car >.<

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I too thought Jr. wasn't going to make it because of Rosalina...now he(And Doc,glad he's back with Mewtwo!)has proven there can be no true set amount of slots per series.
When I first saw the leaks,I was somewhat confused.But now,I win with him nearly every time I use him.I'm not disappointed one bit by the Clown Car.
It was either paintbrush,or Bowser clone,and look what Sakurai gave us!Jr.-and the Koopalings!Just as King Donkey Kong says:WORTH.
But if there was no true amount of slot limits,then...KI bias.KI bias everywhere...

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I'll admit I wanted the paint brush move set too because it would've made him a really good mid-range fighter but I wasn't disappointed with the Clown Car, in fact I was more excited because it's unexpected and the fact that it was unexpected got me happy because well it was obvious this move set was gonna be unique, plus it reminded me of Tron Bonne in the MVC games where she controlled a robot in all of her fights as well, I know this'll never happen but stuff like this really makes me want Dr. Eggman to be playable in a smaller Eggomatic.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
l was actually hoping for Jr to b a mix of bowser & squirtle + his down B transforming into shadow mario with dat brush.

But the clown car is awesome.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
I kinda am cause my first experience of a mech character was tron from MvC3, then I played him and and really like it especially the kart.

Kinda wanted the clown car to take time to respawn after you complete up B, that probably take more time too program attacks for him.

Also don't care for the Koopalings more cartoony colors for him and the car would be good.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Not at all.

I always liked the Koopalings and did not agree with Nintendo's decision to nix them in favor of a smaller looking Bowser. I am glad Nintendo decided to reverse its ban on Koopalings. Now you can't even walk without tripping over a Wendy or Morton. I like it.

Also, Bowser Jr.'s role has been regulated to Mech Boss fight. So it does seem fitting to give him a Mech body that merges the SNES Bowser Klown Kopter fight with other references such as Mario Kart.

Well done, Sakurai.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
I was somewhat disappointed with it, I really wanted him running around using his paintbrush in battle. But this Bowser Jr. is still really neat in my opinion!
First things first:

OH MY GOD I LOVE THE AVATAR. Sergeant Keroro is my mancrush.

*Ahem* On to the point. I think the Clown Car adds personality, and I love the whimsical moveset. It also gives a good reason for all the Koopalings having identical movesets: if everyone uses a similar deadly, weaponized vehicle, they don't have to show off any unique abilities.

BradyAnd

Smash Rookie
Ever since I played Super Mario World as a kid and saw bowser in the clown car, I've wanted to play in it. So being able to in smash is more like living out a childhood fantasy tbh. I also think it's a cool gesture to add the koopalings, since they debuted with the clown car in SMW.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Ever since I played Super Mario World as a kid and saw bowser in the clown car, I've wanted to play in it. So being able to in smash is more like living out a childhood fantasy tbh. I also think it's a cool gesture to add the koopalings, since they debuted with the clown car in SMW.
Koopalings made their debut in Super Mario Bros. 3, not Super Mario World.

Top Bottom