• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Kaillera Question D=

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Online matches were always laggier than Offline, no matter what my Ping was. I thought it was just natural since it's online and all. It was a bit laggy, but still playable.

90% of my matches were with my friends, so they didn't really say I lagged. But whenever I played with random people, I got called a lagger and got kicked out of games half the time. I thought it was just a mistake because my internet speed is pretty fast.

My ping is usually 30-80. It depends on the server. I don't have other programs/downloads running when playing. Yet, I still lag.

My download speed is around 2 mbps. It's cable connection. It should be more than enough to play Smash without causing lag, right?

My question is how should I fix my lag? I use PJ 64k 0.13. I'm pretty sure that I use settings that other people uses, but if the non lagging players could give me tips/post their settings, I would appreciate it.

I'm thinking of playing Smash online again, and the first thing that I thought I should take care of is lag issues.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You sure you dont have things running? Even in the bottom right with the mini icons? (Limewire, msn, tvu, etc. etc.)

Mathy

Smash Apprentice
just like BHLMRO said.
yea,depends of which server ur in,some programs are better closed. no downloads too,please =P

StealthECartman

Smash Apprentice
Well if its not your internet connection and/or distance (which would show in your ping), its almost certainly your computer lagging it. What are some of your specs? Are you running windows 95? lol. Try using different video plugins, try reducing your windowed resolution size in pj64, make sure all your programs are closed, etc etc etc.

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
I use 640 x 480, or something around that. When I play offline, I get ~60 FPS. When I play online, I get 45-55 FPS. And I checked and no other programs are running at the time.

2.2 GHz, Windows XP, 512 MB Ram, Intergrated Video Card

I just tried P2P, and it runs pretty much lag free. I guess I can just play 1 vs 1 >.>

Top Bottom