• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A "hater" has been converted!

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Well, I've mildly disliked Zero Clothes Samus for some time, but I was watching Spectator matches online, and I saw a black-clad Zamus. And I thought dang, blondes in black are nice...very, VERY nice.

So I might pick up Zamus because of this. And I'd like to ask you, the Zamus community, for some tips on picking her up. Also, how important is glide-tossing (and other ATs?)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Well, I've mildly disliked Zero Clothes Samus for some time, but I was watching Spectator matches online, and I saw a black-clad Zamus. And I thought dang, blondes in black are nice...very, VERY nice.

So I might pick up Zamus because of this. And I'd like to ask you, the Zamus community, for some tips on picking her up. Also, how important is glide-tossing (and other ATs?)
You shouldn't pick her up unless you're willing to put in the effort to learn how to play her well.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Zero Clothes? what the hell?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Basically, I would hope you're willing to move into a character with a completely unique playstyle. Don't use fsmash, use Plasma Whip. That's just one way in which you'll be playing in a way that's completely unlike any other character you've played.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I would suggest getting laid, or, if you're too young for that, getting a girlfriend, or, barring those two, growing the **** up before you pick up a controller again.

Honestly, it's pixels.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Obviously he's only interested because of sex appeal. His statement on why he wanted to start playing ZSS in the first place is proof of that.
And you said we were done with the "Zomg Zamus So Hawt" phase. Silly Cake, Trix are for kids.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
And you said we were done with the "Zomg Zamus So Hawt" phase. Silly Cake, Trix are for kids.
Personally, I'll never be done with the "Zomg Zamus So Hawt" phase. I don't know about you guys.

-Steed-

Smash Cadet
Well, zero suit samus' zero suit looks awesome and comes in a lot of cool colours. To the point, she is a difficult character to use well and if your just picking her up because you think she's sexy, walk away ^^

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
I would suggest getting laid, or, if you're too young for that, getting a girlfriend, or, barring those two, growing the **** up before you pick up a controller again.

Honestly, it's pixels.
First, I am a 17-year-old bisexual girl, not a 12-year-old horny guy.

I was being facetious/sarcastic about "Zero Clothes", poking fun at the fact that her Zero Suit is so form-fitting that she may as well not be wearing it.

Second, I KNOW it's pixels/she's not real. I'm not delusional. And I'm not going to get a boyfriend, because I don't yet feel ready for a relationship.

And on Sunday I got owned like seven times in a row by Zamus, which really intrigued me. I had to know what this power was!

I don't have any good closing line for this post, except that I probably won't use the Zamus because I had a crappy reason, I use fsmash too much with my other chars, and I got kind of scared off her.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Nice. CNU has a really good smash scene, as do the rest of the colleges around there. I'm hoping to take my crew there next semester.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I hate CNU simply for the reason that it has a mere four letters of difference from my own name, minus the University part. Name stealers.

On topic:
First, I am a 17-year-old bisexual girl, not a 12-year-old horny guy.
I was being facetious/sarcastic about "Zero Clothes", poking fun at the fact that her Zero Suit is so form-fitting that she may as well not be wearing it.[/quote]

You can't really blame me for the assumption. I've dealt with at least 15 people who've been serious about picking up ZSS for this reason. And it annoys me.

Second, I KNOW it's pixels/she's not real. I'm not delusional. And I'm not going to get a boyfriend, because I don't yet feel ready for a relationship.
The rest of my post was based on the initial assumption, which is typically accurate. I'm not generally going to try an ascertain the truth from a post that looks like it's plain in front of me.

And on Sunday I got owned like seven times in a row by Zamus, which really intrigued me. I had to know what this power was!

I don't have any good closing line for this post, except that I probably won't use the Zamus because I had a crappy reason, I use fsmash too much with my other chars, and I got kind of scared off her.
It's not hard to train yourself not to use Fsmash. Just train that energy towards Dsmashing and you're all set, really.

Adapt

Smash Lord
In any case, ZSS take a fair bit of work to learn and be good with. But when played well she can pull off some truly awesome moves.

Bouse

Smash Ace
It takes some time but you too can learn to master "Space Karate", just like Samus Aran!

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I second Zelda, so I guess I could help you pick out a few key differences that might be throwing you off.

1. ZSS is far superior than Zelda in terms of speed.
2. ZSS has very little in terms of defensive specials when compared to Zelda.
3. ZSS' range game is weaker than Zelda's.
4. The differences in utilizing the tether recovery and Zelda's 16-point recovery are huge.

Those are the things that stand out in my mind.

MC=3

Smash Cadet
Ironically, I main Zamus and I don't find her attractive, nor do I like the Metroid series outside of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.

BUNI

Smash Apprentice
You shouldn't pick her up unless you're willing to put in the effort to learn how to play her well.
YOU GOT SERVED! lol nah i always like yur comments.

TC: Skin tight Latex does not mean no clothes. I dont main her cause she is pretty, i main her because i LOVED Metroid Zero Mission (go remakes!) and i am gay and her weapon is pretty like a sparkler...*runs out to get sparklers*

fkacyan

Smash Hero
YOU GOT SERVED! lol nah i always like yur comments.

TC: Skin tight Latex does not mean no clothes. I dont main her cause she is pretty, i main her because i LOVED Metroid Zero Mission (go remakes!) and i am gay and her weapon is pretty like a sparkler...*runs out to get sparklers*
Game, set, and match, Iron Thorn. You now see why I made the assumptions I did.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Ironically, I main Zamus and I don't find her attractive, nor do I like the Metroid series outside of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.
You should at least try Zero Mission. Best game in the series, IMO.

Bouse

Smash Ace
We on the Zamus boards are humorless. Go be castrated by a Lithuanian cat juggler with a rusty spoon.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Come now, Thio. Ghost Slime is right that Snake has the hottest *** in the game. :p

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Okay, here's something that isn't a joke, teeheeheehee!

My ZSS would beat yours in a match, lololololol.
If you're going my the matches on my YT, those are over a month old now :p

I'm not arguing with it, ph00t. That'd be like arguing that MK is bad, or something.

Top Bottom