• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Guide to Pit/Dark Pit (Work In progress)

ItsLogic

Smash Cadet
Ahem, this isn't your usual guide, this is a guide, made by a Pit main, who isn't qualified to make a guide, but I would share what knowledge I do have, this is an in depth guide on Pit in Brawl, Smash 4, and Ultimate. So yeah, this would be regularly updated but so far, here's what we have

A Basic Introduction to Some Stuff
Now if you're reading this there is an infinite amount of possibilities why, but I'll just name 3,
1: You're a Pit main who wants to get better, well me too, so this isn't a great place to look for info
2: You're trying out Pit and need a basic start up on what to do
3: Other Reasons
But anyways, let's get started.
If you're reading this you probably have a copy of a Smash game, it doesn't have to be Smash Ultimate, but anything that has Pit is fine. Also, Dark Pit is covered after Pit so his guide would come after Pit's is completed. Sorry, I would also assume that you at least have a basic and comprehensive guide to Smash, like all of its terminology and what to do, but if you don't that's fine you can always skip to the dictionary in the next chapter to find some words out. But let's get into the basics.

Dictionary For Some Words
Aerial:
This is basically any attack in the air, we call these different things; The Neutral Air, or the Nair, this is when you use a standard attack in the air without tilting the joystick to the left, right, up, or down just plainly using a standard attack in the air. The Up Air, or how some people call it the U-Air, not the Uair, remember never say that its weird, this refers to any attack in the air performed with a standard attack, while having the joystick tilted up. The Down Air, or the Dair, this refers to any attack in the air while tilting your joystick down. The Fair and the Bair, the front aerial, and the Back aerial. Then there's the Zair, you wouldn't need to worry if you don't have anyone with a tether grab, but if you do have someone like Zero Suit Samus or Toon Link, then uh, you do you but this is a Pit Guide so......

Air Dodge: This refers to a dodge in the air. This is commonly done by pressing the shield button in the air. This might seem useless, but it'll be way too useful in the long run.

Approach: This refers to when you try to get closer to your opponent by doing something. This is the Pit guide so I would generally say you'd use your arrows to get closer to your opponent.

Attack: I'm going off a Smash Dictionary's order, using its alphabetical order, but some of these are pointless, so skim over if you want. An attacks is basically anything that deals damage. This could be arrows, your Dair, anything that deals damage, I would argue that Mario's Down B could also be considered an Attack

Blast Zone: When you get knocked off the stage and your away from view, this means that you're close to the Blast Zone, In Smash Ultimate when you get knocked where you can't see your fighter anymore, a neat little mini map appears in the corner of the screen with 2 rectangles, the first one being where you can see your fighter and is visible, the outer lines of the other rectangle are the Blast zone, going pass this blast zone, will result in your fighter dying or losing a stock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom