• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Good Secondary for G&W?

Furret24

Smash Master
Title is self-explanatory. I've tried :4kirby:, :4rob:, :4duckhunt:, :4pacman:, :4mewtwo:, and :4bowser:, but I feel they either suffer from the same issues as :4gaw: or they don't really fit my playstyle. Which characters would you Game and Watch mains recommend as secondaries?

Sixell

Smash Cadet
My preferences (in the order of characters I feel I have the most potential with) are :4pikachu::4ness::4mario::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt:. Pikachu used to be my brawl secondary so I may want to give him more of a shot in the future.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
My secondaries:
:4pacman:Works great for covering G&W, except he has a bit of a learning curve and :rosalina: is consequently my archenemy.
:4duckhunt:Pocketed for goddamn RosaLuma

Examples I know/ have tried
:4rob:Puts in a lot of work as a G&W secondary, but if he doesn't fit your playstyle that's OK
:4megaman:Same here, but has even more advantages against the type of play that usually beats G&W
:4villager:I know a Villager main who secondaries G&W, they seem to cover each other's weaknesses well

Theoretically, I think the best G&W secondaries would be
:rosalina::4yoshi: and maybe :4tlink:
If defensive play beats your Mr. G&W, these characters will destroy those opponents
:rosalina:BECOME YOUR ENEMY-probably a hassle to learn though, i dunno
:4yoshi:,:4tlink: Both are much faster than G&W and act as well-rounded Rocks to the Scissors that cut G&W's Paper

Top Bottom