• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A fluke recovery...?

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
So something that I have noticed is that, every now and again, when I use QD for Ike's recovery, he can still use Aether to recover afterwards. It doesn't happen all the time, so the only thing I can think of is that there is a clash between him and the other character, and he has priority over their attack, so instead of them bouncing off of each other, he hits then is able to recover?

It's just weird because not only does it hit them, it does the full animation (if I recall) and then he can recover. Anyone else experience this who can explain it better?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ike doesn't go into helpless after QD if he swings at his opponent. Hitting them isn't necessary. Some projectiles also cause him to swing.

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
Ike doesn't go into helpless after QD if he swings at his opponent. Hitting them isn't necessary. Some projectiles also cause him to swing.
...This is what I get for having a friend test things while I'm at work. >_> Testing it out myself right now, and I see what you mean. Well, that's nice. Feel like deleting the thread now. >.>

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
Actually, I just had a match where this didn't apply. QD to recover, hit Marth, went into helpless mode -> death... So there has to be some factor other than just hitting the opponent.

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
EDIT: Never mind, still trying to figure this out. certain things are working, certain things aren't.

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
did you save the replay?

i've seen pretty consistently that if he swings his sword, he can do other things. if he doesn't, he goes into special fall.

Last edited:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
You have a limited amount of time to input an action before you freefall after swinging.

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
You have a limited amount of time to input an action before you freefall after swinging.
Aah, okay. That makes sense then. Yea, I can see that now. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom