• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few things I found recently

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
-Uthrow to fair at low percent seems to combo on some characters but it needs more testing. My bro was dedede and I was able to link the fair even if he was mashing airdodge. It can be great at the beginning to deal more damage and since it works at low percent, opponent can mash airdodge at higher percent and we could just expect it and punish it to add some mix up.

-Fun fact Bowser Utrow doesn't combo bowser at low percent according to training mode even if it does... lol I guess it is bowser's tough guy.

-Bowser can glide toss from his back roll with and item. The distance is about one length of bowser if done correctly.

-Bowser can slide backwards from a short hop while landing, while sliding he can do EVERYTHING like a wavedash let us do everything. It can be done by a few characters also. I would like somebody to help me to put it on youtube since I'm a noob and don't know how to do it. I wish to put it on the competitive thread since it affects more than one character. Also I manage to do slide backwards and forwards from a short hop once but I wasn't able to repeat it. So it might have better uses than I think. It is hard to explain it in english since it is not my first language. It is not nearly as good as wavedash since you can only do this from a short hop with momentum going forward and you cannot do it on a platform. Though, I wouldn't be surprise that it has some good uses.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
-Uthrow to fair at low percent seems to combo on some characters but it needs more testing. My bro was dedede and I was able to link the fair even if he was mashing airdodge. It can be great at the beginning to deal more damage and since it works at low percent, opponent can mash airdodge at higher percent and we could just expect it and punish it to add some mix up.

-Fun fact Bowser Utrow doesn't combo bowser at low percent according to training mode even if it does... lol I guess it is bowser's tough guy.

-Bowser can glide toss from his back roll with and item. The distance is about one length of bowser if done correctly.

-Bowser can slide backwards from a short hop while landing, while sliding he can do EVERYTHING like a wavedash let us do everything. It can be done by a few characters also. I would like somebody to help me to put it on youtube since I'm a noob and don't know how to do it. I wish to put it on the competitive thread since it affects more than one character. Also I manage to do slide backwards and forwards from a short hop once but I wasn't able to repeat it. So it might have better uses than I think. It is hard to explain it in english since it is not my first language. It is not nearly as good as wavedash since you can only do this from a short hop with momentum going forward and you cannot do it on a platform. Though, I wouldn't be surprise that it has some good uses.
About the last thing, It sounds like something I've been looking into lately, It's a short hop forwards then rolling the control stick back then let it return to neutral to do a crawl slide back when you land right? If it is then there are a few other things you can do with it, it can be done after autocanceling Fair at the cost of distance but this also make it easier to perform on platforms. You can do it on platforms normally but it's incredibly hard because you can get a platform drop instead.

Now the reason you'd want to aerial to do this on platforms is because it could be incredibly good on Yoshi's Island. This is because when doing this while facing down a slope the slide distance is quite amazing even if you do it after an aerial I feel like this might have the potential to make Yoshi's a better stage for Bowser in certain match ups. I haven't found a great deal of uses either but it could probably be used for mindgames and baiting. For some reason I have a harder time using it while facing left, it still works though so I guess it's just a controller thing.

Finally, it's possible to do this out of a neutral hop as long as you press forward before doing the input before the crawl slide as you land, even with little to no momentum the slide should come out.

@TruthOrDare Uses the Up throw to Fair set-up in tournament matches, and he lands it pretty consistently so I'd imagine that it's a legitimate set-up.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Upthrow to fair is definitely legit at low-mid percents. It's my most used throw.

Top Bottom