• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few questions on B moves

hazard99

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if I understand his B moves... What I beleive to know is directly after the B attack in question. My questions follow the dash (-).

Netural B: He plucks a pikmin. He can have six at a time.
- Can he pluck "Flowered" or "Budded" pikmin randomly? Do pikmin attack when enemies are near, or only when Olimar uses them for attacks?

Side B: He throws a pikmin, and it latches on to the enemy doing damage over time.
- How fast is this attack? Is there significant start up or ending lag?

Down B: Teleports Pikmin to Olimar. Is it the whistle in the game?
- Is this a literal "teleport," or do they run to Olimar? Also, if Pikmin are latched onto the enemy from using Olimars side B, will his down B make them run (or teleport, im not sure) off the enemy and back to olimar?

Up B: A chain of Pikmin.
- Can the can be controlled like Sheik's chain? If not, can the attack be angled in different directions (my main concern is forward).

Please expand on any info that I left out that may be important...

Thanks for the information :)

IllidR

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if I understand his B moves... What I beleive to know is directly after the B attack in question. My questions follow the dash (-).

- Can he pluck "Flowered" or "Budded" pikmin randomly? Do pikmin attack when enemies are near, or only when Olimar uses them for attacks?
I'm pretty sure at this point that whenever you pluck a Pikmin they will always have a leaf and they will progress to a bud and then a flower over time. I'm not 100% positive on them attacking if people are near but I'm pretty sure since enemies can't hurt them when following Olimar they won't hurt enemies.

Side B: He throws a pikmin, and it latches on to the enemy doing damage over time.
So far it seems that this is a fairly quick attack, but this is one of the moves I'm not quite sure on.

- Is this a literal "teleport," or do they run to Olimar? Also, if Pikmin are latched onto the enemy from using Olimars side B, will his down B make them run (or teleport, im not sure) off the enemy and back to olimar?
Using the whistle teleports the Pikmin to Olimar's side, no matter where you are on the stage and no matter where the Pikmin are, as long as they are alive; there is no running back. It will also teleport back and Pikmin that are attached to an enemy back to Olimar.

- Can the can be controlled like Sheik's chain? If not, can the attack be angled in different directions (my main concern is forward).
It looks like this attack is not at all like Shiek's chain. it angles up at a 45 degree angle every time when you are not near a ledge. In air though it will automatically home the edge, even if underneath you.

Florida

イーグランツ
Pikmin start out leafed once plucked. Over a period of time, they will randomly be budded, and eventually flowered. The Pikmin only follow the commands of Olimar; they do not attack unless he gives them a command (forward B, etc.).

From the looks of it, it's decently fast. There isn't much start-up or ending lag, if at all. Though, the move in itself is rather weak, and somewhat pointless.

I'm not all too sure on this one, but I hear that the Pikmin just appear by your side once whistled to. If the Pikmin are latched onto an enemy, you can call them off by blowing your whistle.

No, it cannot be used like Sheik's chain. If used on the ground, the Pikmin are swiftly thrown into the air diagonally (cannot control direction), and the attack is over. It's good for getting smash balls, and has some good knockback. I've also been hearing recently that Olimar's up-b isn't all that great of a recovery.

EDIT: ****it, IllidR. :p

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Neutral B: He pulls out leafs and over time they form to buds and flowers. Now..you would think flowers would do the most damage....but to me it seems random. Maybe they have a higher damage range? Not sure really. An important note is that pikmin are not all alike. Some pikmin do more damage then others. At first we thought it was the rose of bud colors...but it doesn't seem to be that way anymore. Best we got was a white pikmin with pink bud 54% alone O.o.

Side B: Its fast, nothing amazing but you can throw about 1 per second. Just a normal throw, no lag. Another thing to note is that you can not throw them down or up, just left and right.

Down B: Not a teleport, but they jump to him pretty fast. If you whistle when you have pikmin on an opponent they come back to you off the opponent.

Up B: Can't angle it at all and can't control it. Moves diagonally up. If you are level with a ledge however, the grapple will seek it out and grab on. Afterwards you will be instantly dropped down however (think link with grapple =P).
Fun fact: Olimar can only grapple 4 times before landing on the stage (for those of you who may have fun with throwing pikmin up on stage while on the ledge).

Top Bottom